This Easy Chicken Lo Mein is a great meal to toss together when you are short on time and long on hungry! Even my kids will gobble it up (vegetables included, believe it or not!) and it tastes great as leftovers the next day.
How many possible ways can there be to cook this little bird? And how many times a week can I serve it to my family before they revolt?
The versatile nature of chicken and its low cost make it a very popular protein option for dinner. So sometimes you just have to get creative when it comes to
disguising preparing it. 🙂
Easy Chicken Lo Mein
- 1-2 pounds of chicken cooked and removed from the bone
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles cooked
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- ½ head of cabbage
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil optional
- Cut cooked chicken into small pieces. I used several chicken thighs that I cooked in my slow cooker for 4 hours on high with teriyaki sauce. I've also used a whole rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli.
- Boil spaghetti noodles according to package directions, drain.
- While noodles are cooking, saute vegetables in oil until tender. Add to the noodles, along with the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pour over the noodle mixture. Be sure to mix well to thoroughly coat the noodles.
- Serve with egg rolls, fried rice, steamed rice or on its own!
Anytime we get takeout from Red Ginger (our local and most favoritest Chinese food restaurant) I order the lo mein. I really prefer the soft, flavorful noodles over all the fried and sauced entrees. Give me a big bowl of this easy Chicken Lo Mein and some cream cheese wontons and I’m a happy girl! I think making my own fried wontons will be the next item on my TO DO recipe list. Yummy!
For more great flavorful chicken recipes like this Easy Chicken Lo Mein, check out this post!
This post originally appeared as a guest post on The Love Nerds
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- How to Cook a Turkey FAST: 90 minute turkey recipe - October 8, 2019
- Crockpot Express Pumpkin Pie Bites - October 1, 2019
- Fun Halloween Recipes for Kids - September 26, 2019