This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Do you love Red Lobster? It’s our “date night” place and we really like the biscuits that come with the meals. Well, these Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian are BETTER than the ones at Red Lobster. I’m not kidding. My husband raved over these! They were crispy-crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They weren’t dry and crumbly, either, which is how most drop biscuits turn out for me. I made them with grilled shrimp scampi (keep an eye open for that recipe soon) and we had our own feast for 1/4 price of a dinner out.
Before starting this blog, I did so much cooking from a box. It was just easier and didn’t require much thought. But I’ve discovered that things made fresh taste SO much better than packaged foods. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ll still use a cake box mix now and then, or make macaroni and cheese from the blue box. *gasp* But I will NEVER again use Bisquick to make biscuits. It makes great pancakes, but this recipe will be my go-to for an easy and delicious side dish!
Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter (divided)
- 1 cup milk (whole might be best, but I used 2% since that's what I had)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt one stick of butter and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and garlic powder. Whisk to combine and then add melted butter and milk. Whisk just until wet. Do NOT over-mix.
- Stir in cheese with a spoon.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking, melt remaining butter and stir in parsley. Brush butter mixture over hot biscuits and eat them fresh from the oven. Oh. Yum.
For some reason, I made three new recipes for dinner the night we had these. Grilled shrimp scampi (amazingly easy and delicious), cheddar biscuits and creamy garlic pasta. The shrimp and biscuits were a home run. The pasta was only so-so. Nothing to write home about. Or write a blog about. 🙂 But we did smell like garlic for a day or so!