Crockpot Express Broccoli Cheddar Soup checks all the boxes. It’s creamy, comforting, delicious, and easy. And thanks to the Crockpot Express, it’s on the table in under 30 minutes!
My husband firmly believes that soup is not a meal. It is one course of a meal, but it cannot stand alone as dinner. 🙂 However, he does like creamy soups, and he made an exception for this Crockpot Express Broccoli Cheddar Soup because I served it in bread bowls. I just have to say…YUM! I saved enough to enjoy for lunch the next day and snap a few pictures so I could share the recipe!
I got this recipe from someone in our Crockpot Express Community Facebook group. I reminds me a lot of Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Unlike a typical homemade soup, I don’t have to leave it to simmer for ages on the stove. It’s done in under 30 minutes and starts with frozen broccoli, so it’s so easy to put together! If you’re on a low carb or keto diet, this is perfect for you! Just leave out the bread bowl or dinner rolls. 😉
Crockpot Express Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 pound frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce optional
- Place onion, broccoli, carrots, water and bouillon cubes in inner pot.
- Place lid on CPE, lock it and turn pressure release tab to the closed "X" position. Set BEANS/CHILI mode for 15 minutes. Press START.
- When time has counted down to zero and KEEP WARM light has come on, carefully release pressure by moving pressure release valve to open position. You might want to do it gradually.
- Stir in heavy cream. Press START/STOP button to get out of KEEP WARM mode. Switch to SAUTÉ/BROWN mode let it come to a slow boil (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually stir in cheese and hot sauce, if desired. Press START button to cancel SAUTÉ/BROWN mode. Put on KEEP WARM mode, if desired.
If you’re looking for other easy recipes like this Crockpot Express Broccoli Cheddar Soup, try one of these!
- Crockpot Express Whole Chicken
- One Pot Pasta
- Crockpot Express Hard Boiled Eggs
- See all my Crockpot Express recipes and tips here