This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Indulge in a sweet treat without going completely overboard with these Chocolate Covered Banana Bites! The crispy chocolate shell is perfect with frozen banana slices.
I love an easy recipe. I especially love an easy recipe with just a few ingredients. Even better? When it tastes great on top of it all! 🙂
These Chocolate Covered Banana Bites are a fantastic snack, especially when you are craving something sweet and chocolaty but don’t want to ruin your diet. Chocolatey? Chocolatie? Choklutty. There. That’s it.
Anyway, I broke down and bought my first jar of coconut oil this week just for this recipe that I saw on The View From Great Island.
I know some people live and die by the stuff, but I just never got past all the hype. If you can cook, bake, do dental work, wash your face, unclog a drain and fix your car engine with the same thing…I don’t know. Call me a cynic. 🙂
OK, that may be a little extreme, but you get my drift. However, it’s my new favorite thing for dipping chocolate. Because it’s a solid below 76° it hardens immediately upon contact with frozen or cold things.
Like bananas. Behold, the secret of the magic shell! So, even at $5 for a cheap bottle of the stuff, I’ll be keeping it around. Maybe I’ll even wash my face. 😉
First, lay the banana slices out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze.
Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil to melt, then allow to cool a bit.
Dip the frozen banana slices and coat on all sides. Use a fork to lift them out of the chocolate.
Return to freezer and serve frozen! Pretty awesome, right? Easy, delicious, good for you-as long as you don’t eat twelve in a sitting. Another winner!
Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium bananasLay the banana slices out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Put in the freezer to cool and harden (about an hour)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, 2 tbsp coconut oilIn a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Allow to cool a bit.
- Dip frozen banana slices in the chocolate, coating on all sides. Use a fork to lift them out of the chocolate and drain off the excess chocolate.
- Place the dipped slices back on the parchment paper and return to the freezer.
- Serve frozen, or soften in the refrigerator for a few minutes before serving (you do NOT want them to defrost completely or you end up with chocolate shell covered mush.)
Like these Chocolate Covered Banana Bites? You’ll like these, too!
Post updated 6/2018