This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
A quick and easy meal for busy weeknights, Crockpot Express American Goulash is sure to become a family favorite!
Authentic Hungarian Goulash (also spelled Gulyas) has very little in common with American Goulash. We had a sweet little Hungarian lady in our church years ago, and she would make Goulash for potlucks. It had rich flavors and a deep red color. She even made fresh pasta dough to add to the soup before serving.
This Crockpot Express American Goulash is not anywhere on the level of it’s overseas cousin, but it is delicious, kid-friendly and quick.
I’m was happy to share this delicious recipe on Pressure Cooking Today, a fantastic resource for Crockpot Express users and other pressure cookers alike! Now I’m updating this post to add the recipe here on my own site. This CPE Goulash has been popular in the Crockpot Express Community on Facebook as well!
Oops! Did you forget to pull the ground beef out of the freezer to defrost first? No worries! Read how to cook ground beef (from frozen) in the Crockpot Express here. Then come back to finish your tasty dinner. 🙂
Crockpot Express American Goulash
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups large elbow macaroni dry
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Press Brown/Saute (then start) and add the ground beef, pepper, garlic and onion. Cook on high until the meat is browned and crumbled. Press Start/Stop. Drain excess fat. Return meat mixture to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed. Do not stir.
- Close the lid, set the steam release valve to closed. Press Steam (high pressure) and adjust time to 4 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is done, do a quick pressure release. Open the lid and stir. Remove the bay leaves. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread!