These easy S’mores Cookie Bars will satisfy your cravings for the fireside treat and serve a crowd!
This post almost wasn’t. I made these easy S’mores Cookie Bars for a class party at church and when I was cutting them up to put them out to serve, I snapped a quick picture with my phone “just in case.” I had never made them before and had no idea what they would taste like. Turns out, they were yummy, and they certainly were easy, so I figured I’d share. 🙂
This recipe begins with a packaged cookie mix, making it just about the easiest recipe ever to prep. It’s one of those “dump and bake” kind of recipes that comes in so handy this time of year! After you bake the cookie base, just add chocolate and mini marshmallows and you’re good to go!
Easy S'mores Cookie Bars
- 1 bag sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups give or take mini marshmallows
- In a medium sized bowl, mix sugar mix and graham cracker crumbs until combined.
- Pour melted butter over dry mixture. Do NOT follow the instructions on the bag to add any other ingredients.
- Press into an ungreased 13×9 inch pan to make the crust. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown and set.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and wait about 3 minutes for them to melt. Spread evenly over the crust.
- Top with marshmallows and broil for 30 seconds or until browned, watching carefully so you don't burn the marshmallows.
- Allow to set for a few minutes and then cut and serve.
My pan didn’t get beautifully browned and crispy because we don’t have gas ovens at the church. The “broiler” in an electric oven is NOT the same. I moved the oven rack up as high as it would go to get close to the heat source and they finally started browning, but in the mean time the chocolate got all melty and messy because it was sitting in a hot oven for 15 minutes. Be sure to let them sit for a few minutes before slicing and eating so you don’t end up with a gooey mess all over your hands. We ate half of these at the party and then I cut them up into even smaller pieces and brought the leftovers with me my nephew’s birthday party the next day. They were still yummy, even though they weren’t warm and gooey anymore!
If you like these S’mores Cookie Bars, you’ll probably like at least one of these! (Yes, I have a bit of a s’mores obsession.)