It’s no secret around here that I love S’mores. Graham crackers, roasted marshmallows and chocolate-what’s NOT to like? Oh, and the new S’mores Frappuccino they came out with at Starbucks this year is solely responsible for the ten pounds I gained in the last few months. Seriously. I’m secretly glad they stopped making it, because I can’t stop myself from ordering them. I’ve been miserably chugging Slimfast and munching carrots this last week to pay for my sins. But enough about my poor life decisions, because this Nutella S’mores Dessert Pizza is totally worth the calories.
We hosted our summer interns for dinner one night and since it was just a couple young guys, I didn’t want to put a bunch of time and effort into a fancy meal. I knew that pizza would be a safe choice, so I created a little “pizza bar” with several different sauces, cheeses and toppings so everyone could make their own. That got me thinking about dessert and searching Pinterest for dessert pizza ideas.
I saw a s’mores pizza similar to this on Picky Palate, and I knew that was what I wanted to make. But what caught my eye was the crust! This dessert pizza started with a homemade graham cracker pizza crust. I posted that recipe on Friday if you missed it. 🙂 The next time you are doing Pizza Night at home, try this Nutella S’mores Dessert Pizza!
Nutella S'mores Dessert Pizza
- Graham cracker pizza dough
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- After preparing pizza dough, bake it on 350° for 15 minutes. (It won't be completely done)
- Remove from oven and spread with Nutella
- Top with marshmallows and return to oven for about 5 minutes to finish baking the crust. The marshmallows should start to puff and brown, but if they aren't done to your liking, simply place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes (watch carefully so you don't burn them!) Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil in intervals of 30 seconds. Stir to completely melt the chocolate and mix in the oil.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the pizza and slice with a pizza cutter. Serve warm with a big glass of milk, because this dessert is RICH!
The first time I made this, I baked it all at once, toppings and all, and when I pulled it out of the oven, it looked browned, but the middle was still raw dough. I tried again with the rest of the dough I had on hand and baked it first, and I think that worked better. You don’t want to waste all those delicious toppings on raw dough! 🙂 I also used a pizza stone to bake the dough, so if you are using anything else, please note that the cooking time may be adjusted just a bit lower.
If you like my Nutella S’mores Dessert Pizza, you’re going to love these other s’mores recipes!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - January 24, 2020
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020