This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
One of my favorite things about a pizza buffet is the dessert pizza. It’s no secret I’m a dessert lover. I’d happily skip the salads and cheesy pizzas and just dive into the cinnamon roll or apple pie pizzas-if only that weren’t frowned upon by general society. 😉 I’ve made a few different fruit or dessert pizzas in the past, but when I saw this recipe for Graham Cracker Pizza Crust from Picky Palate, I HAD to try it. Even though working with yeast totally intimidates me, I keep trying. There’s just nothing like fresh, homemade dough!
You can make this recipe without a stand mixer, I’m sure, but it’s much easier with one! I don’t have a KitchenAid mixer, but my little stand mixer and dough hook still got the job done. If you don’t have to knead the dough by hand you can put this dough together in just a few minutes!
Graham Cracker Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water 110°
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus up to 1 cup to use during kneading
- 3/4 cup finely crushed graham crackers about 6 full sheets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- Place warm water and yeast into the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached. Let yeast sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of flour, finely crushed graham crackers, sugar, salt and olive oil. Turn mixer on medium and let mix for a few minutes. Sprinkle in additional flour until sides of bowl are nearly clean. Mix for another minute then transfer to a floured surface.
- With floured hands, form into a tight ball. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, roll out into a 12" circle and bake on pizza dish for 18-20 minutes at 350°
I used this dough to make a delicious Nutella S’mores Dessert Pizza when we hosted our summer interns. It was DE-LI-CIOUS. The graham crackers add just a touch of sweetness that pairs so well with cream cheese, chocolate, dessert spreads, fruit…anything your imagination can dream up! 🙂 I’ll be posting the s’mores pizza recipe next week, so stay tuned! Mmmm….now I need to go roast a marshmallow.
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Joanne T Ferguson says
What an unusual dough recipe Nicole and I hope you will share it at the Say G’day Party underway!
Pinned and shared!
[email protected]/wp says
WOWZA! What a clever concept!! 😀
Nicole Burkholder says
Totally can’t credit for the idea- just for trying it and finding it easy and worth sharing! 🙂
Oh, the possibilities running through my mind right now for this…
Pinned and yummed!
Nicole Burkholder says
I know, right?!? It’s like a sweet blank canvas! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!