This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Calphalon. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.” #KnifeSkills
One of the easiest meals to plan is pizza night. Everyone is happy when I answer the unending question of “What’s for dinner tonight?” with “pizza.” If I ever want to feel like a hero in my own house, I make pizza for dinner. The boys just want cheese pizza. They will tolerate pepperoni, but cheese reigns supreme. Jared and I, however, require more for our refined palates. 😉 My favorite make-at-home pizza is Garlic Chicken White Pizza.
I usually buy a pre-made crust for pizza night. It’s just easier. We like a crispy-thin crust for white pizza. I’m not even sure why, because I love pan pizza crusts, but thin crust just goes better with chicken, I think. You only need one chicken breast for a whole pizza. The chicken I bought must have been pumping iron in the yard, because the one breast I had was HUGE. I used an 8″ Calphalon chef knife to cut it into cubes. I’m seriously in love with my new knives. They have ceramic sharpeners built in to the knife block, so every time I pull one out, the blade gets sharpened. It makes the chore of prep work so much easier!
Tip: It’s easier to cut up a chicken breast that’s still slightly frozen.
The beauty in this recipe is its simplicity. Just a few ingredients come together to make the chicken full of flavor. You can top the pizza with raw garlic and onion and let it cook in the oven, or saute it with the meat. Personally, I prefer to sweat the onions and garlic a bit and cook it all together with the chicken.
Tip: Smash a garlic clove under the flat side of the knife blade to easily remove the paper shell.
After the chicken is cooked, grab your pizza crust, some alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese and you’re ready to take pizza night up a notch with this Garlic Chicken White Pizza!
Garlic Chicken White Pizza
- 1 pizza crust we like thin&crispy
- 1/4-1/2 cup white pasta sauce like 4 cheese Alfredo
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3-4 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spread the sauce evenly over your pizza crust. Set aside.
- In 2 tbsp of butter, sweat the garlic and onion. Once it's translucent, add in the chicken and oregano.
- Cook just until no longer pink. Do not dry out the chicken!
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the sauce, spread the chicken mixture over it and then cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425 until cheese is melted and the edges are bubbly and golden. (about 10 mins)
Want to win a set of your own Calphalon self-sharpening knives? Yes? I thought so. 😉