This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Change up pizza night with this easy and flavorful Garlic Chicken Pizza with white sauce.
One of the easiest meals to plan is pizza night. Everyone is happy when I answer the unending question of “What’s for dinner tonight?” with “pizza.” If I ever want to feel like a hero in my own house, I make pizza for dinner.
The boys just want cheese pizza. They will tolerate pepperoni, but cheese reigns supreme. Jared and I, however, require more for our refined palates. 😉 My favorite make-at-home pizza is Garlic Chicken Pizza with white sauce.
I used to buy a pre-made crust. Now I make Homemade Pizza Dough every Friday for pizza night. However, we like a crispy-thin crust for garlic chicken pizza. Either one will work great for this pizza recipe.
You only need one chicken breast for a whole pizza. The chicken I bought must have been pumping iron in the yard, because the one breast I had was HUGE.
It’s easier to cut chicken into cubes if the chicken breast is still slightly frozen
The beauty in this recipe is its simplicity. Just a few ingredients come together to make the chicken full of flavor.
- pizza crust-use your favorite store bought crust or make your own with this easy Homemade Pizza Dough recipe
- white pizza sauce-use jarred white sauce from the store, or try making your own delicious alfredo sauce
- cheese-to keep it a truly “white” pizza, use white cheeses like mozzarella, Romano, Parmesan or other Italian blends
- chicken breast-1 chicken breast is plenty for a single pizza
- garlic cloves-I can tell you how many, but garlic is something you can just measure with your heart 🙂
- red/purple onion-the mild flavor of a red onion goes so well with chicken
- dried oregano-or use your favorite Italian seasonings blend
You can top the pizza with raw garlic and onion and let it cook in the oven, or sauté it with the meat. Personally, I prefer to sweat the onions and garlic a bit and cook it all together with the chicken.
Smash a garlic clove under the flat side of the knife to make it easier to remove the paper
After the chicken is cooked, grab your pizza crust, some alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese and you’re ready to take pizza night up a notch with this Garlic Chicken White Pizza!
Garlic Chicken Pizza
- 1 pizza crust
- 1/4-1/2 cup alfredo sauce or any jarred white pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pizza crust, 1/4-1/2 cup alfredo sauceSpread the sauce evenly over your pizza crust. Set aside.
- 2 tbsp butter or oil, 4 cloves garlic, 1/2 red onion, 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 tbsp dried oreganoIn 2 tbsp of butter or oil, sweat the garlic and onion. Once it's translucent, add in the chicken and oregano.
- Cook just until no longer pink. Do not dry out the chicken!
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheeseSprinkle half of the cheese over the sauce on the pizza crust, spread the chicken mixture over it and then cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425 until cheese is melted and the edges are bubbly and golden. (about 10 mins)
This post was originally sponsored by Calphalon