With just a few ingredients found in your pantry, you can make a delicious tray of Easter Cookie Bars to celebrate spring!
Please tell me I’m not the only one baking all day long! I have decimated my pantry supplies in the quest for the perfect comfort food. This week my kitchen produced banana bread, lemon bread, French bread, chocolate chip cookies, pizza dough and now Easter Cookie Bars.
I’m going to be a zillion pounds by the time we’re all released from our houses. 🙂
One benefit to this recipe for cookie bars is the short ingredient list! It doesn’t take much and you’re likely to have most of them in your pantry already. Here’s what you’ll need:
- brown sugar
- one egg
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- M&M’s (pick your holiday colors)
Another benefit of this easy recipe is the fact that it’s all done in one bowl, and you can do the mixing with a fork! First, mix together the butter and brown sugar. Then add the egg and mix the batter until it’s smooth and creamy. Finally, add the dry ingredients and mix together.
The last step is to fold in those yummy (and pretty) candies!
For easy removal from the pan, line it with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Then press the batter down into the pan until it’s evenly spread out.
Press a few more candies into the top of the batter so it looks nice when the baking is finished.
Just look at that fluffy goodness!
After cooling, slice into bars and serve.
Easter Cookie Bars
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms divided
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet or glass pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- With a fork, beat butter and brown sugar until mixed well.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Next, add in salt and baking powder.
- Slowly stir in flour.
- Fold in 1 Cup of M&Ms and spread batter on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until center dough is done.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining M&Ms (press them into the cookie)
- Let cookie bars cool completely before cutting.
If you’re looking for some more ideas for Easter, check out these other recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Puffs
- Easter Cupcakes
- Peep’s Houses
- All my Easter content can be found here!