This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Sweet and fluffy marshmallow ears and tails make these Easter Bunny Cupcakes simple to create and delicious to eat!
Several years ago I made Easter pudding cups and used marshmallows to make Easter bunny ears for the tops. This year, I thought it would be fun to make bunny cupcakes with marshmallow ears!
The nice thing about making Easter bunny cupcakes is you can customize them however you’d like. Start with cupcakes from the bakery, use a box mix, or make your favorite cupcake recipe. I like to use vanilla cupcakes with white frosting.
Items needed for marshmallow bunny ears:
- large marshmallows
- various Easter sprinkles and/or sanding sugars
To make the ears, start by snipping a marshmallow in half diagonally. This will expose the sticky insides as well as create a pointy “bunny ear.”
Then gently press the sticky side into a bowl of sprinkles, nonpareils or sanding sugar. (See the quick Instagram video below.)
After you make the ears (try all different colors and styles for a fun Easter cupcakes platter) then it’s time to move on to the cute cotton tails! However, they taste better if you use marshmallows and not cotton balls. 😉
Items needed for bunny tails:
- mini marshmallows
- sanding sugar
To make the little bunny tails, simply dunk a marshmallow in water and then roll it in sanding sugar to completely cover it. Choose multiple colors to make a beautiful tray of Easter bunny cupcakes!
How to make Easter Bunny Cupcakes
After making several pairs of bunny ears with large marshmallows and bunny tails with mini marshmallows, the only thing left to do is assemble.
You can use any flavor cupcake or frosting that you like, but for the nice pastel effect, go with vanilla. Top with a generous amount of frosting.
Gently press the large marshmallow bunny ears into the frosting near the front of the cupcake. Then press a colored tail into the frosting near the back.
If you’re feeling whimsical, add some licorice whiskers to the front under the ears. I prefer the clean look of these, though.
Display together on a tiered tray decorated with Easter candy and fun pastel colors. These adorable Easter Bunny cupcakes will be the highlight of your dessert table!
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- 12 frosted cupcakes (I like vanilla)
- 1 kitchen shears/scissors
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 mini marshmallows
- variety of sprinkles and sanding sugars
- small bowl of water
- 12 large marshmallows, 1 kitchen shears/scissorsTake a large marshmallow, squish it down just a bit to make it square and then use the scissors to cut along the diagonal.
- variety of sprinkles and sanding sugarsPress the exposed sticky side of the marshmallow into sprinkles or sanding sugar to color the insides. Set aside.
- 12 mini marshmallows, small bowl of water, variety of sprinkles and sanding sugarsDip a mini marshmallow in water and then gently roll in sanding sugar until evenly coated.
- 12 frosted cupcakesPress the ears into a frosted cupcake near the front. Add a round tail to the top near the back of the cupcake.
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Leave a Reply