This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Two delicious ingredients and 5 minutes are all you need to take dessert to the next level with this easy chocolate ganache!
There’s always plenty left over after pouring it over a cake or loaf of quick bread, so save the extra and store it in the fridge. It makes a delicious spreadable frosting or sweet dip for things like graham crackers and cookies.
Ingredients needed for Easy Chocolate Ganache:
- heavy cream
- good quality chocolate chips (I like Guittard or Ghiradelli chocolate chips for ganache)
That’s it! You really only need two basic ingredients for this simple but stunning chocolate glaze!
Start by warming up the heavy cream in a saucepan (you can also use the microwave, but it tends to heat unevenly and can scorch the cream if you’re not careful.)
Bring the cream just to a simmer and then remove from heat. Place the chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl and then pour the warmed cream over the top.
Here’s the hard part-don’t touch it. Let the chips and cream sit together for 5 minutes. The heat will soften the chocolate on it’s own, I promise.
Next, place a spoon in the center of the bowl and gently stir in circles, working from the center to the outside.
Once the chocolate and cream have mixed together completely, let the ganache sit and cool at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. It will thicken as it cools.
Depending on how you want to use this easy chocolate ganache, you may need to let it cool longer.
Once it’s cooled enough and reached the desired consistency, pour it over whatever you are coating. I like to place the dessert on a cooling rack inside a baking sheet.
That way you catch all the drippings and can do several coats without wasting your chocolate ganache. Save whatever is left over in the refrigerator and use as a delicious and spreadable frosting.
Easy Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup heavy cream, 1 cup chocolate chipsIn a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream just to a simmer. Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the hot cream over the chips. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes (do NOT stir or touch for the entire 5 minutes!)
- Starting in the center of the bowl, stir gently in circles, working your way to the outside of the bowl. The chocolate and cream will mix together like magic.
- Let cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, and then pour over whatever you are coating.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set the ganache. Store any remaining chocolate and use as frosting.