This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This creamy and delicious Chocolate Chip Dip recipe (sometimes called Booty Dip) is the perfect addition to any party or get-together.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily whip up this mouthwatering treat in a matter of minutes. Get ready to treat your snack-loving guests to something special.
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Chip Dip:
- cream cheese-make sure it’s at room temperature for a smooth dip with no chunks of cream cheese
- butter-if you use unsalted butter then add an extra pinch of salt; also room temperature
- powdered sugar (also known as confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar)
- brown sugar-either light or dark is fine
- vanilla-I love the flavor you get from Mexican vanilla, but any kind will work
- salt-add a little extra if you used unsalted butter
- mini chocolate chips-the smaller chocolate chips are easier for dipping and more “bite sized”
Placed the softened cream cheese and butter in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well until completely smooth. Add the powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
Mix until blended well and then add the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to fold the chips into the mixture until evenly distributed.
Scoop the cream cheese chocolate chip dip into a bowl for serving and top with additional mini chocolate chips. Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later.
What can I dip in this chocolate chip dip?
Fruit-strawberries work very well with dessert dips and the combination of strawberries and chocolate is always a winner. Apple slices are also perfect for this hearty dip.
Crackers-there are all sorts of crackers perfect for dipping. I like graham crackers because they go so well with cream cheese (like the crust of a cheesecake!) Animal crackers are another great option.
Cookies-‘Nilla Wafers, Oreos or Famous Amos cookies are all smaller and sturdy enough to be dipped.
Pretzels-pick your favorite shape and dip away! The combination of sweet and salty is so delicious.
Do you love peanut butter and chocolate?
If you are a peanut butter lover, try adding 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter to the mixture between steps 1 and 2. Then at the end, stir in some mini Reese’s peanut butter cups along with the chocolate chips. YUM!
Chocolate Chip Dip
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Dipping options: graham crackers, graham cracker sticks, animal cookies, strawberries, Nilla wafers, etc.
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese, ½ cup butterIn a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, pinch of saltAdd the powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix until combined.
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips, Dipping options: graham crackers, graham cracker sticks, animal cookies, strawberries, Nilla wafers, etc.Stir in the chocolate chips. Serve immediately with items for dipping or store in the refrigerator.