Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are cookie perfection. These jumbo cookies are just begging to be enjoyed with a glass of milk on a cool fall evening!
If you’ve been around here for any length of time, you already know how much I love chocolate chip cookies. When all is wrong in the world, a soft, chewy cookie filled with melting chocolate chips will make things right. You know what else will make things right? Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I decided to use my recipe for Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies (they are HUGE) and stuffed them with caramel. It was a very good idea-a very delicious idea, and it’s just in time for fall!
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – sigh…. Just look at that beauty. Soak it in. This is cookie perfection, people. I consider myself to be a chocolate chip cookie expert. A connoisseur, if you will. They are my favorite thing in the whole world to eat.
As a matter of fact, if you’re looking for soft, thick, delicious Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, you need to check out this other recipe, too!
For some reason, caramel always makes me think of fall. Maybe it’s because of caramel apples? It may still be August, but I’m ready to start making comfort food, baking, and eating caramel, pumpkin and apple flavored goodies!
A few things to remember when making these caramel stuffed chocolate chip cookies:
- Don’t refrigerate the dough-it dries it out too much (this isn’t a wet dough to begin with) and then the cookies get too crispy and don’t spread well.
- Line the baking pans with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper in case of caramel “leakage.”
- Don’t cool the cookies on a wire cooling rack. Just place them on wax or parchment paper on the counter and let them cool. Otherwise, you’ll end up with hollowed out centers in every cookie because gravity is working against you. Ask me how I know.
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla pudding mix for baking or use one box (3.4 oz) instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6-12 caramel squares one or two per cookie depending on how much caramel you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and combined.
- Add the vanilla and the egg and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, soda, salt and vanilla pudding mix until evenly mixed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing as you go. Do not over-mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of dough and roll it into a ball. Gently press down on the center, creating a "well" for the caramel.
- Add one or two (unwrapped) caramel squares to the well in the cookie dough.
- Measure out another 1/4 cup of dough, and cover the caramel with it. Roll up the whole thing (a total of 1/2 cup of dough) into a neat ball. Place it on a silicone or parchment lined cookie sheet. DO NOT FLATTEN.
- Place only 3 cookies on a sheet and space them out so there's plenty of room for spreading. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes. Allow them to cool on the sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving.
If you love caramel but don’t want to have such a big cookie, try these Easy Turtle Cookies! (They start pre-made dough so they are quick to make!)
Updated 8/2018-originally appeared on Princess Pinky Girl