This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
The addition of one special ingredient makes these chewy chocolate chip cookies a soft and tasty treat!
Anyone who knows me knows that I love chocolate chip cookies. They are my all-time favorite treat. I usually make a couple batches a month at least. The problem is that we eat them all in about a day and a half, so I try not to make them too often.
There are probably thousands of chocolate chip cookie recipes online, and they all claim to be the “best.” I have made many versions of this classic over the years, but when I want a chewy chocolate chip cookie, I pull out this recipe that uses a special ingredient.
Henry helped me make this batch many years ago. He had his eyes closed in the first picture I took, so he kept them open wide for this one! 🙂 I had to leave his sweet little face in the post, even though it’s been updated with new photos. (He’s currently 11 years old and MUCH taller.)
We almost had very runny cookies- after creaming the sugar and butter together, we added the other wet ingredients and then licked the beaters clean. Then I realized we hadn’t put the dry ingredients from the other bowl into the mixture!
Duh! Henry was happy to have another chance to lick the beaters (we washed them before we reused them to mix our ingredients, I promise).
These cookies keep their shape beautifully. You really do want to pull them out just as the edges are browning. I baked mine for 10 minutes and then pulled them out.
They will finish perfectly if you leave them on the sheet on a cooling rack for ten minutes or so. If you love chewy, soft cookies that stay that way, this is the recipe for you!
While the ingredients for these chewy chocolate chip cookies are pretty standard, the addition of the pudding mixture makes them special. The cornstarch in the mixture ensures a soft, chew texture with some added sweetness.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3.4 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars. Add in the pudding mix, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix only until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in with a spatula or by hand.
- Drop the a spoonful of cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove cookies and let them cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
For recipes like these, I now use my own Vanilla Pudding Mix. It is much cheaper and tastes great!
Originally posted 6/2012, updated 5/2020
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Leave a Reply