This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Oh, and they are the size of your hand.
Cookie perfection: JUMBO chocolate chip cookies.
If possible, I have found something better than a chocolate chip cookie: JUMBO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
These cookies are huge. The entire batch only yields 6 cookies and unless you have a huge cookie tray, you can only bake 3 at a time. They bake up with a slightly crunchy bottom and have a chewy, soft center that makes you sigh with delight when you take a bite.
After being inspired by a pin from Center Cut Cook, I made several batches of these for our neighbors as Christmas gifts (they are so big you can get away with just making one cookie per person) and each time I altered the recipe just a bit until I found the perfect ratio of ingredients for a jumbo chocolate chip cookie worthy of Christmas wrapping.
If you just need to make ONE big cookie, try my popular recipe for a Giant Cookie Cake! It slices up like a pizza and holds it shape and texture perfectly.
The addition of the pudding mix makes these cookies slightly sweet, and the corn starch in the mixture keeps them soft and fluffy in the middle. The only thing I have not yet done with the batter is to freeze it. I don’t think that the batter would do well after being frozen, as it doesn’t like being refrigerated at all.
However, you can freeze the baked cookies after they were cooled completely and they still taste great. It’s a good way to make a few batches to give away later.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 oz butter softened to room temperature (two sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla pudding mix for baking or use a 3.4 oz box of instant pudding mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 8 oz butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated white sugarIn a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and combined.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 eggAdd the vanilla and the egg and mix well.
- 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 cup vanilla pudding mix for baking, 1/2 tsp saltIn a medium bowl, stir together the flour, soda, salt and vanilla pudding mix until evenly mixed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing as you go. Do not over-mix.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup chocolate candiesStir in the chocolate chips and candies. (Use a spoon or spatula, not the mixer)
- Using a measuring cup, scoop out 1/2 cup of batter. Roll in your hands to create a ball that's as round as possible. Place only 3 cookies on a sheet, well spaced apart.
- Bake one tray at a time for 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy around the edges. Allow to cool on the sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
If you’re curious about the pudding mixture I mentioned in the ingredients list for Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies, you can check out the recipe for that vanilla pudding mix here. It’s easy to make and lasts a very long time.