Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Oh, and they are the size of your hand.
Cookie perfection: JUMBO chocolate chip cookies.
If possible, I have found something better than a chocolate chip cookie: JUMBO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
These cookies are huge. The entire batch only yields 6 cookies and unless you have a huge cookie tray, you can only bake 3 at a time. They bake up with a slightly crunchy bottom and have a chewy, soft center that makes you sigh with delight when you take a bite.
After being inspired by a pin from Center Cut Cook, I made several batches of these for our neighbors as Christmas gifts (they are so big you can get away with just making one cookie per person) and each time I altered the recipe just a bit until I found the perfect ratio of ingredients for a jumbo chocolate chip cookie worthy of Christmas wrapping.
If you just need to make ONE big cookie, try my popular recipe for a Giant Cookie Cake! It slices up like a pizza and holds it shape and texture perfectly.
The addition of the pudding mix makes these cookies slightly sweet, and the corn starch in the mixture keeps them soft and fluffy in the middle. The only thing I have not yet done with the batter is to freeze it. I don’t think that the batter would do well after being frozen, as it doesn’t like being refrigerated at all.
However, you can freeze the baked cookies after they were cooled completely and they still taste great. It’s a good way to make a few batches to give away later.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 oz butter softened to room temperature (two sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla pudding mix for baking or use a 3.4 oz box of instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Red and green chocolate candies optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and combined.
- Add the vanilla and the egg and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, soda, salt and vanilla pudding mix until evenly mixed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing as you go. Do not over-mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and candies.
- Using a measuring cup, scoop out exactly 1/2 cup of batter. Roll in your hands to create a ball that's as round as possible. Place only 3 cookies on a sheet, well spaced apart.
- Bake one tray at a time for 14-16 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
If you’re curious about the pudding mixture I mentioned in the ingredients list for Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies, you can check out the recipe for that vanilla pudding mix here. It’s easy to make and lasts a very long time.