This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Enjoy the bright flavors of spring with this Berries and Cream Lemon Bundt Cake. It starts with a boxed cake mix, making it a quick and easy dessert.
I can’t help it! The lemons are everywhere and using them up creatively is a delicious way to spend my time. 😉
This recipe starts with a boxed cake mix, making it simple and quick to put together. The addition of the berries and lemon just help to “fancy it up” a bit.
- white cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box (usually oil, water and eggs)
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries
- lemon-you’ll be using both the zest and the juice
- whipped topping-try making your own Homemade Cool Whip!
Instructions for making Lemon Bundt Cake
Start by mixing the cake ingredients and adding fresh lemon zest and juice. Bake in a standard Bundt cake pan, following the time listed on the box.
Chop the strawberries into small pieces so they match the size of the blueberries. If you don’t like blueberries or strawberries, try making a lemon raspberry Bundt cake with this recipe! Now comes the fun part!
Use a serrated knife to cut the cooled cake in half. Using a spoon and your fingers, scoop out a little cake from the middle of the ring, being sure not to go too deep or get too close to the edges. (Do this to the top and bottom of the cake.)
Pipe whipped topping into the ring, topping with berries and more whipped topping. Yummy!
Then flip the top of the cake back over the bottom and cover the whole thing with the rest of the whipped topping. Don’t forget to add some more lemon zest!
Slice and serve topped with more fresh berries. This berry Bundt cake is like spring on a plate!
Berries and Cream Lemon Bundt Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ pint strawberries
- ½ pint blueberries
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 1 box white cake mix, 3 large eggs, 1/3 cup canola oil, 1 cup water, Juice and zest of 1 lemonCombine cake mix, eggs, oil, water, lemon juice and zest of ¾ of the lemon.
- Bake according to directions on the box.
- ½ pint strawberriesChop strawberries into small pieces. (About the size of the blueberries.)
- When cake is done, set aside to cool.
- After cooled, use a serrated knife to cut cake in half.
- Using a spoon and your fingers, scoop out cake from the middle of the ring, being sure not to go too deep or get too close to the edges. Do this to both the top and bottom half.
- 1 8 oz container whipped toppingAdd about 1/3 of the whipped topping to the piping bag and pipe it into the bottom ring.
- ½ pint blueberriesAdd strawberries and blueberries, allowing to mound a little higher than the cake. (Because the ring of cake you took out of the top half will be filled by this.
- Add a ring of whipped topping on top of that.
- Flip top cake half back on top and gently press down. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Zest remaining ¼ of the lemon on top of the cake.
Don’t forget to pin this delicious Berries and Cream Lemon Bundt Cake for later!