This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Sweet and buttery, these Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots are a perfect side dish that’s ready in minutes!
Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables. They are packed with good-for-you nutrients and they taste great raw or cooked. But did you know that you can pressure cook carrots?
Making Instant Pot carrots or another pressure cooker like the Crockpot Express means that you can keep the oven or stovetop free and cook time is cut way down. I’m not kidding when I say you can have delicious, buttery glazed carrots on the table in 10 minutes!
- carrots (I like to use baby carrots because it’s faster-no peeling or cutting-but you can easily use whole carrots and cut them down)
- brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- water (for pressure cooking)
Pour the water in the pressure cooker and then place the carrots in a steamer basket. I like this handled steamer basket on Amazon because it also has silicone feet that won’t damage the nonstick coating on my pot.
After the carrots have steamed, open the lid and pour out any remaining water. Then it’s time to add the good stuff!
Switch the pot to sauté mode (leave the lid off) and stir in the brown sugar and butter. Stir frequently, until the sugar has dissolved completely and the carrots are evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add the carrots to a bowl and be sure to pour out all that buttery goodness over the top!
What to serve with Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots:
Carrots are an obvious side dish for Easter, so make this delicious Crockpot Express Ham to go with them! It includes a delicious copycat Honeybaked Ham glaze for the top.
I love to serve cooked carrots with pot roast. Try my Crockpot Express Pot Roast, or go old school with a Slow Cooker Pot Roast. If you like spice, you may want to try Mississippi Pot Roast in your pressure cooker.
If you prefer chicken, try this delicious Parmesan Crusted Chicken or make a whole chicken in your Crockpot Express.
Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound baby carrots, 1 cup waterPlace the carrots in a steamer basket. Pour one cup of water into the pot and then place the steamer basket in the pot.
- Close and lock the lid, turning the steam release valve to closed. Press Steam (high pressure) and then adjust the time down to 3 minutes. (Cook for 2 minutes if you prefer a bit more “bite” to your carrots.) Press Start/Stop.
- When the cook time is up, turn the steam release valve to open to release the steam. Press Start/Stop. Drain any remaining water left in the pot.
- ¼ cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp butterPress Brown/Saute and then Start/Stop. Add the butter and brown sugar to the pot with the carrots. Stir frequently, cooking until the sugar is dissolved and the carrots are evenly coated.
- Salt and pepper to tasteAdd salt and pepper to taste and serve hot
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Leave a Reply