This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
No cooking required! Start with a can of tomato sauce and stir in some herbs and spices to make this Easy Pizza Sauce for your next pizza night!
For several years now, every Friday night has been pizza night in our house. A few years ago I switched to making my own Homemade Pizza Dough. Recently, I started making this Easy Pizza Sauce as well.
The nice thing about this recipe is that it’s a no cook pizza sauce. Just mix up the ingredients in a small bowl and you’ve got enough flavorful sauce for two 12″-14″ pizzas!
- canned tomato sauce
- minced garlic or garlic powder (I prefer minced garlic for the extra punch of flavor, but either will work)
- dried basil
- onion powder
- parsley flakes
- red pepper flakes (omit these if you don’t like spice, or add more if you love heat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of sugar (taste the sauce first and then add this if it’s too acidic)
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and then taste. Add salt, pepper and sugar as needed. Spread this easy pizza sauce across two pizzas or save the extra for dipping! It’s delicious with pizza crust.
Spread the pizza sauce all the way to the edges to get that delicious punch of flavor in every bite! Then top your pizza dough with your favorite toppings for a homemade pizza night!
Can I freeze Easy Pizza Sauce?
Yes! This is a great recipe for making in bulk and freezing to use later. If you have a large can of tomato sauce, just double/triple/quadruple the recipe (you can do this easily by moving the slider next to the number of servings in the recipe card.)
To use, simply thaw, stir and spread on your pizza dough. I’ve stored mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, and in the freezer for several months.
Easy Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic or ¾ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes omit if you don’t like spice, add more if you love heat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of sugar if too acidic
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce, 1 tbsp minced garlic or ¾ tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp dried basil, ½ tsp onion powder, 1 tsp parsley flakes, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, Salt and pepper, Pinch of sugarWhisk the first 7 ingredients together in a small bowl. Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste. I like to start with ⅛ tsp each of salt and pepper and add from there. If it tastes too acidic, or you just like a sweeter sauce, add a pinch of sugar.
- Spread on two 12-14” pizza crusts, add toppings and bake according to dough instructions.
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Sue G. says
It never occurred to me to make my own pizza sauce, but now that I know how to make my own crust, plus sauce, I look forward to doing DIY Pizza Night every week! And I love that each of us can put our own toppings on, so hubby’s can have meat and tons of cheese, and mine can have a little cheese and lots of veggies. Plus, making your own means less chemicals, and knowing exactly what’s going into your dinner. Thanks for the great recipes!
Nicole Burkholder says
Same here! I was buying a jar of it every couple weeks and one day I realized I was out. So I just grabbed a can of tomato sauce from the pantry and experimented a little bit. My husband and kids all commented on how tasty the pizza was that night, so I figured I’d just keep going with it 🙂