This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Change up pizza night by swapping out the protein. Easy Kielbasa Pizza might just become your new stand-by weeknight dinner!
One of the meals we seem to have weekly is pizza in some way, shape or form. This week, I decided to change things up a bit. So, instead of pepperoni or ham on our pizza, I made this Easy Kielbasa Pizza.
Every Sunday afternoon I have the same thought: do I have to plan another week of meals ALREADY?!? It’s so easy to get into a rut and we end up eating the same meals over and over again. Changing up the protein was a simple way to add some variety.
To me, a sausage like kielbasa just belongs with peppers of some kind. Green peppers are sweet, crunchy and they taste great on pizza. So I paired the sausage with green pepper and mushrooms for a unique twist on one of our family’s favorite meals!
The best part about this pizza is how quickly it can come together. The sausage is already seasoned and completely cooked, so there’s no need to dirty another pan before adding the pizza toppings.
If you really want your veggies softer, you can saute them in some butter before adding them to the pizza. However, they cook beautifully and retain some of their crunch just by baking them along with the rest of the pizza.
When you pull that pizza out of the oven and all those delicious toppings are covered in melted cheese…..YUM.
Easy Kielbasa Pizza
- 1 pizza crust use your favorite recipe or pre-packaged crust
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce again, use your favorite recipe or jarred sauce
- 12 oz Beef Polska Kielbasa sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup white mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar jack cheese
- Prepare your pizza crust and place on baking sheet
- Spread pizza sauce over pizza crust
- Top sauce with kielbasa, peppers, mushrooms and cheese
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until crust is slightly crispy and golden brown
I also use kielbasa or smoked sausage for another family favorite: One Pot Pasta. It can be made on the stove or in the pressure cooker!
This post was originally sponsored by Hillshire Farm. All opinions are mine alone.
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Michelle De La Cerda says
Great use of Kielbasa. I just used Kielbasa this week. I’ll have to try this recipe out next week.
Jessica Williams says
yum! I love easy pizza! Looks so great and a perfect family dinner!
Jamie @ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom says
Looks so yummy, I know my family would love this!
SheilaG- Plum Doodles says
Great idea for a new pizza favorite. Kielbasa is one of those things we like to keep on hand for quick dinners.
Everything is better with Kielbasa. Great idea! My kids will love this.
I could eat a whole pizza right now! It looks delicious!
So quick and easy since the kielbasa doesn’t need to be cooked before going on the pizza!
That pizza looks fabulous! Oh and that is the cutest assistant ever! #client