This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DeliciousDinners #CollectiveBias
Every Sunday afternoon I have the same thought: do I have to plan another week of meals ALREADY?!? It’s so easy to get into a rut and we end up eating the same meals over and over again. One of the meals we have on the schedule is usually pizza in some way, shape or form. This week, I decided to change things up a bit. So, instead of pepperoni or ham on our pizza, I used Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa as the protein.
To me, a sausage like kielbasa just belongs with peppers of some kind. Green peppers are sweet, crunchy and they taste great on pizza. So I paired the sausage with green pepper and mushrooms for a unique twist on one of our family’s favorite meals!
The best part about this pizza is how quickly it can come together. The Hillshire Farm® sausage is already seasoned and completely cooked, so there’s no need to dirty another pan before adding the pizza toppings. If you really want your veggies softer, you can saute them in some butter before adding them to the pizza. I think they cook beautifully and retain some of their crunch just by baking them along with the rest of the pizza. When you pull that pizza out of the oven and all those delicious toppings are covered in melted cheese…..YUM.
Easy Kielbasa Pizza
- 1 pizza crust use your favorite recipe or pre-packaged crust
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce again, use your favorite recipe or jarred sauce
- 1 package Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup white mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar jack cheese
- Prepare your pizza crust and place on baking sheet
- Spread pizza sauce over pizza crust
- Top sauce with kielbasa, peppers, mushrooms and cheese
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until crust is slightly crispy and golden brown
I also use kielbasa or smoked sausage for another family favorite: One Pot Pasta. You can find the Hillshire Farm® Rope Sausages in the refrigerated grocery section at Walmart. Cute little shopping assistant not included. 😉
Don’t forget to pin this easy dinner idea! Who knows…Easy Kielbasa Pizza might just become your new stand-by weeknight dinner!