This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Alice Springs Chicken: copycat recipe
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2" thickness (don't skip this step!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 bacon slices cooked
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise optional
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound out chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan and drain on a paper towel. Don't discard the bacon grease yet!
- Add chicken breasts to the pan and saute in the bacon grease for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove and place in a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, honey and onion powder. You can add the mayo for extra creaminess, or leave it out. I enjoy it either way.
- Slather each chicken breast in honey mustard sauce, then top with bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
Recipe: barely adapted from Fabulously Creative
Just in case you were missing the old Alice Springs Chicken or wanted to see step-by-step images, here you go. Just promise me you won’t pin any of these, M’kay? 😉