This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This chocolate peanut butter pie features homemade chocolate graham cracker crust and a light peanut butter filling that’s perfectly sweet!
A delicious homemade pie doesn’t get much easier than this five ingredient no bake dessert! If you decide to garnish it with chocolate peanut butter cups, it’s technically six ingredients. But still, it’s easy-peasy.
The chocolate crust brings that perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate that we all love. You can definitely save some time and effort by using a premade graham cracker crust, but making your own take this creamy peanut butter pie to the next level!
Ingredients needed for No Bake Peanut Butter Pie:
- chocolate graham crackers-you can also used regular graham crackers or Oreo cookies
- butter-this helps bind the crumbs together to make the crust; omit if using a premade crust
- sugar-also used in the crust, so omit if using Oreo cookies or a premade crust
- creamy peanut butter-Jif is my favorite
- whipped topping-like Cool Whip, not whipped cream
- chocolate peanut butter cups-optional, for garnish (but why NOT?!) 🙂
Try making your own Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups-you’ll save some money and have leftovers to enjoy later.
If you don’t want to use chocolate graham crackers for the crust (or can’t find them) simply substitute this No Bake Graham Cracker Crust instead.
1. Make the Crust
Using a food processor (it’s much easier than trying to crush the crackers in a plastic bag) pulse until you get fine crumbs. Add the sugar and butter and then pulse until well combined.
Press the crust into a 9″ pie plate. Set aside.
Use a measuring cup to help evenly flatten the crust into the pie plate.
2. Make the filling
In a large bowl, beat together the creamy peanut butter and 2/3 of the whipped topping. Spread the filling in the crust.
3. Add the topping
Top the peanut layer with the remaining whipped topping and then garnish with peanut butter cups or shaved chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Double the recipe and put one No Bake Peanut Butter Pie in the freezer for later! This is a perfect “make ahead” recipe.
Can I use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
Typically, no. Regular whipped cream will lose it’s height, body and liquid if it’s stored (even in the fridge.) However, if you really don’t want to use a frozen whipped topping, you can make your own Stabilized Whipped Cream.
Does Peanut Butter Pie freeze well?
Yes! This no bake dessert is perfect for freezing. You can even serve it while still frozen-it’s the best way to get a clean and neat looking slice. But it’s a bit easier to slice and serve if you let it thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes first.
Other no bake desserts you might like:
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Cherry Marshmallow Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Mousse Pie
- Black Raspberry Cream Pie
- Strawberry Mousse Pie
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
For the Crust
- 10 chocolate graham crackers processed into crumbs
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
For the pie:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces thawed whipped topping, divided
- chocolate peanut butter cups optional
- 10 chocolate graham crackers, 4 tbsp unsalted butter, 3 tbsp granulated sugarPrepare the crust by placing graham crackers in a food processor and pulsing until fine crumbs have formed. Add butter and sugar and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the crumbs to a 9" pie plate. Use a measuring cup to pack down the bottom and your fingers to press the crust firmly to the sides. Set aside.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 12 ounces thawed whipped topping,, chocolate peanut butter cupsIn a large mixing bowl, beat together peanut butter and 8 ounces of whipped topping on medium speed until well combined. Add the mixture to the pie crust and spread evenly. Top with remaining 4 ounces of whipped topping. Garnish with peanut butter cups (optional)
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- use a prepared crust instead of homemade
- regular graham crackers instead of chocolate
- Oreo cookies instead of graham crackers