This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Four simple ingredients and no baking makes these Cherry Marshmallow Cookies a must for any cookie exchange, tea, or last-minute dessert.
Years ago, Bryce was looking over my shoulder as I scrolled through my Pinterest boards. He stopped me when he saw this recipe and informed me that I needed to go to the store to buy the ingredients so we could make these easy Cherry Marshmallow Cookies.
It only took about 10 minutes to make a plate of these pretty little cookies. And that was with “help” from my youngest! The first time around, we used regular chocolate for dipping.
I prefer the taste of dark chocolate because it cuts some of the sweet from the cookies, but as far as looks and presentation go, white candy melts are a great choice. These cookies look so pretty lined up on the plate. Either way, you can’t beat these Cherry Marshmallow Cookies as a sweet treat.
If you love marshmallow cream (that’s me, I love it!!!) then you might also be interested in these Oreo Marshmallow Brownies. But they aren’t a no bake treat like these cookies. 🙂
Ingredients needed for Cherry Marshmallow Cookies:
- vanilla wafer cookies
- maraschino cherries with the stems; some set aside to chop for the filling
- marshmallow cream
- white candy melts (or dark chocolate chips if you want to use chocolate instead)
Place the cookies top side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix the cherry pieces and marshmallow cream. This is the filling for the sandwich cookies.
Spoon the mixture onto a cookie, and then cover with another cookie, bottom (flat) side in.
Dip each cookie halfway in melted candy (or chocolate) and place back on parchment paper to set.
Holding it by the stem, dip the bottom of a cherry in the candy melt and then place on top of the cookie sandwich. Hold in place for several seconds until it’s set. Let the cookies stand at room temperature until set.
Cherry Marshmallow Cookies are perfect for parties, holidays (think Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or 4th of July!) or just because you need something sweet and easy to make!
Cherry Marshmallow Cookies
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1/3 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 Tbsp maraschino cherries finely chopped
- 32 vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 ounces white candy melts or use dark chocolate chips
- Place maraschino cherries with stems on paper towels; drain well. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together marshmallow cream and chopped maraschino cherries. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the maraschino cherry mixture on the bottom of one cookie. Top with another cookie, bottom side down. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies and maraschino cherry mixture.
- In a small saucepan, heat candy melts or chocolate over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. (Or use a microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring for 30 seconds between heat times)
- Dip cookies halfway into the melted candy coating. Return to baking sheet. Holding a cherry by the stem, dip bottom of cherry into the melted candy coating. Place cherry on top of candy-coated side of one cookie. Hold for several seconds or just until set. Repeat with remaining cherries and cookies.
- Let cookies stand until candy coating sets. Makes 16 sandwich cookies
Originally published 2013; Updated 2021 (but I couldn’t bring myself to delete my cute baby. 😉