This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Add a touch of festive “sparkle” to your table with a patriotic Red, White and Blue Slush! Each layer is filled with fruity goodness and as they combine you get a fun tie dye effect. It’s a refreshing and family-friendly drink for any summer celebration!
There’s just something about having a special drink that takes the party over the top! With just a few ingredients, you can make a really festive drink for the 4th of July that is perfect for the whole family. Don’t forget the sparklers! (if they are legal in your state.) 😉
Ingredients needed to make a Red, White and Blue Slush:
- coconut cream
- ginger ale
- frozen tart cherries
- frozen blueberries
- blue food coloring (optional)
- garnishes-fresh cherries, blueberries, coconut and whipped cream
Start with the white layer, so you don’t have any color transfer from the other layers. If you have a Ninja blender, that’s great, but this will still work with a regular blender.
Blend the coconut cream, sugar and ice until you get a thick, slushy consistency. You may need to add more ice to get the consistency to your liking. Set aside in a bowl.
Next, mix the blue layer by blending the blueberries, ginger ale and ice together. To get the mixture blue enough, you may want to add a few drops of blue food coloring.
Set the blue layer aside in a bowl. Thoroughly wash/rinse the blender out before starting on the red layer.
Lastly, blend the cherries, ginger ale and ice for the red layer. Now it’s time to start building your Red, White and Blue Slush!
Take a clear serving glass and add some of the red slush to create the bottom layer.
Add a layer of white slush twice as large as the red. You want room to keep them apart, and as the colors blend together, you get the neat tie dye effect.
Top with fresh fruit and whipped cream before serving. Add a sparkler for extra fun! For more great red white and blue recipes, check out my 4th of July posts here!
Red, White and Blue Slush
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup ice
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ice
- 3/4 cup frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- blue food coloring Optional
- shredded coconut
- whipped cream
- In a blender, blend together all ingredients for the white layer to a thick slushy consistency. Add more ice if needed to obtain a thick texture. Pour white layer into a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse blender thoroughly, then blend together all of the blue layer ingredients. If your blueberry mixture is not blue enough you can use a drop or two of blue food coloring to help boost the blue color. Pour the blue layer into a new bowl and set aside.
- Rinse blender thoroughly, then blend together all of the red layer ingredients.
- Take one of your cups you intend to serve the drink in, and carefully spoon in a layer of the red mixture.
- Using a new or clean spoon - spoon in a thick layer of the white, almost twice as much as the red but leaving enough space for the blue layer.
- Using another new or clean spoon carefully spoon on the blue layer almost to the top of your cup. Garnish the drink with blueberries, cherries, and shredded coconut.
- Serve immediately. The drink will create the tie-dye effect by itself.
- This drink is best served immediately as it is a frozen beverage and will melt.
- You can easily change the layers by using different frozen fruits to make the drink any colors you want.
- Serves 6-8, depending on the size of the serving glasses.
- Nutritional information is for the slush only, and doesn't include garnishes.
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Leave a Reply