This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
St. Patrick’s Day isn’t really a big deal in our family, but I love any excuse to have some chocolate and mint treats! And Henry loves the day because it’s all about the color green. I love that kid. This year, I made a very easy brownie mint trifle for dessert and then collected several other St. Patrick’s Day treats from my blogging buddies. So grab a glass of milk and add another thirty minutes to your workout in the morning. 🙂
My kids are a little particular when it comes to mint flavored things. Charlie loves gum, peppermints, candy canes and anything else mint-flavored. Henry wants to love it, because it’s green, but he’s not really a fan. Bryce HATES anything minty (which is why we still buy bubble gum flavored toothpaste.) So for them, I put together small bowls of dessert and eliminated the layer of mint cookies. More for me!
Easy Brownie Mint Trifle
- 1 8 " x 8" pan baked brownies cooled (or use brownie bites from the grocery store bakery like I did)
- 4 cups milk 2 cups per box of pudding
- 1 pkg 3.4 oz instant chocolate pudding, made according to package directions (or use pudding snack packs)
- 16 mint cookies crushed (Grashopper cookies, Mint OREOS, Thin Mints, etc.)
- 1 pkg vanilla pudding made according to package directions
- green food coloring 5-10 drops
- Optional: whipped topping and sprinkles or Lucky Charms for topping
- In a trifle bowl or individual cups, crumble brownie pieces for the bottom layer
- Spoon chocolate pudding over brownie layer
- Top chocolate pudding with crushed mint cookies
- Spoon vanilla pudding (colored green with the food coloring) over the crush cookies
- Top with whipped topping and green sprinkles or marshmallows from Lucky Charms
If you use brownies from the bakery and snack pudding cups, this can be thrown together in about 5 minutes! Trust me, the kids are going to love it, and you will, too! Now check out all these other tasty St. Patrick’s Day treats. Be sure to click through to the source if you want to pin a particular recipe!
Loaded Leprechaun Minty Mint Bark from Loves Bakes Good Cakes
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes from I Dig Pinterest
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
Brownie Mint Delight from Nap-Time Creations
Mint Chocolate Fudge from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
Leprechaun Snack Mix from Cupcake Diaries
Homemade Mint Chip Oreos from The Princess and Her Cowboys
St. Patrick’s Day Surprise Cupcakes from Play. Party. Pin.
Irish Cream Cupcakes from The Chef Next Door
Skittles Marshmallow Pops from Nums the Word
Rainbow Cupcakes from Life Made Simple
St. Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow from Gal on a Mission
Mint Brownie Cookies from Like Mother, Like Daughter
St. Patty’s Cream Cheese Brownie Bites from Foody Schmoody
Irish Potato Candy from Living Better Together
Extra Gooey Lucky Charms Treats from Nums the Word
M&M’s Crispy Rainbow from Mommy on Demand
So which one do you think you’ll be trying first? I have to say, the Irish Potato Candy caught my eye because it’s so unusual! But I’m a sucker for anything with marshmallows. Then again, I do love a chocolate mint dessert. OK, OK, I’ll have to just try them all.
See you in the gym.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!