Every year for Christmas Eve, our family gets together to eat all sorts of junk food and play games. We usually have a few appetizers and tons of sweets. I found this yummy-looking Cheesy Bacon Onion Dip at Real Housemoms and figured I’d give it a try. We scraped the crockpot clean. It was SO good. As a matter of fact, I made it again the very next week for our New Year’s Eve party! It’s the perfect dip for football season, too! And because it’s in the slow cooker, it stays nice and warm for your whole party!
I hesitate to call this an actual “crockpot” dip because you have to do a lot of prep cooking ahead of time, but you DO cook it in the slow cooker and I served it straight from the crock to keep it warm. No matter what you call it, it’s delicious. As someone who isn’t a huge fan of bacon, I really liked this dip!
Cheesy Bacon Onion Dip
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes and chiles (like Rotel), drained
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy (I chop mine up ahead of time, but you can wait until it’s cooled and chop the crispy pieces)
- Drain on a paper towel and chop into small pieces if you haven’t already
- Drain the bacon grease, leaving about 1 tbsp in the pan for cooking the onion
- Add the onion to the pan and season with salt and pepper, cooking for 1-2 minutes
- Add the garlic continue cooking for another minute
- Mix the cream cheeses and sour cream in the crock of your slow cooker
- Stir in the bacon, mozzarella, onion and garlic mixture and the diced tomatoes
- Heat on low for 2 hours or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with chips or crackers
This dip is only TWO ingredients and it’s almost as good. Easy Queso Dip.
Or check out all of the posts in my Appetizer/Snacks category here!