This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I pinned this delicious looking snack months ago, and I finally had a chance to try it! Wowzers! I love a good candy bark, and this one is the easiest yet! It comes together in ten minutes and the ingredients are all items you most likely have in your pantry already. The only thing I changed from the original is I eliminated the sea salt. Not really on purpose- I forgot to salt it as it was cooling. 🙂 I’m thinking that Chocolate Toffee Pretzel Bark will be my new “go-to” party snack!
Chocolate Toffee Pretzel Bark
- 8 ounces mini pretzels, broken but not crushed (about half a bag)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375° and line baking sheet (one with raised edges) with tin foil or parchment paper. I used tin foil because my paper was gone, but I prefer parchment paper. Line the bottom of the pan with the broken pretzel pieces and set aside
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and brown sugar. When the mixture starts to gently simmer and bubble, let it cook for 3 minutes without stirring. Immediately pour the hot caramel mixture over the pretzels in a back and forth motion to cover most of the pretzels. It will all cook together in the oven so don’t worry if there are some empty spots.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee and pretzels. Let sit for 2-3 minutes until they are soft enough to spread with a spatula. Gently. 🙂
- Let the whole pan cool to room temperature and place in the refrigerator or freezer to harden the chocolate completely. It also makes it much easier to break apart and keeps the toffee from sticking to the foil.
- Eat, eat, and eat some more! It’s that good.
Linking up to Weekend Re-Treat