This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
A quick and easy dessert, Reindeer Bark is a great recipe for Christmas. It’s perfect for the kids!
A few weeks ago I saw a bin of red, green and white candies in the bulk section of our grocery store. I remember thinking that the red candies looked just like Rudolph noses, so I scooped up a handful and brought them home. They sat in the pantry for a while and when my Pinterest feed started filling up with all sorts of chocolate bark recipes, I realized I could make some really cute Reindeer Bark with my red candy noses!
Aaaaaaand here’s where it all went wrong. I used a bag of chocolate candy melts that I had in the pantry instead of buying some good quality chocolate and tempering it the long way. Actually, even a bag of chocolate chips would have been a better choice here. The bark started out a lovely dark brown color, and the the reindeer faces were quirky and fun. Then as the chocolate cooled, it got all streaky and nasty looking. 🙁
However, it really does taste good, and the boys had fun putting the eyes, noses and antlers in the chocolate, so that’s what makes this a win. If you want to make your own, just start with good chocolate and you’ll be miles ahead of me!
- 1 bag milk or dark chocolate chips
- Pretzel twists
- Candy eyes
- Red chocolate candies for noses
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in short bursts of 15-30 seconds each.
- Pour out the chocolate onto a silicone baking mat.
- Break the pretzel twists in half and place in chocolate for antlers.
- Add eyes and nose.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then break into large pieces.
If you’re looking for another easy snack recipe for Christmas parties like Reindeer Bark, check out these Candy Cane Pretzel Bites!
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Debra C. says
These are just ridiculously cute! Stopping by from your link party – I really don’t have any Christmas-y type recipes to share, so shared some soups since it’s so cold everywhere! Merry Christmas to you & thanks for such a great party!
Nicole Burkholder says
I think soup is very appropriate! Perfect for chilly winter nights. Thanks for stopping by 🙂