Brighten your table with holiday colors when you serve Southwestern Stuffed Peppers! It’s the perfect comfort food for chilly winter nights. Thanks to Minute® Rice for sponsoring this recipe!
It’s always so warm in southern California. I know those of you buried under four feet of snow right now may be rolling your eyes at me, but I love when the weather turns cold! At least, I love our version of cold. 🙂 I don’t cook with our oven very often because it heats the house up so quickly. When we finally get some winter weather, I enjoy pulling out comfort food recipes like these stuffed peppers.
Don’t you just love the festive green and red colors? These would be great for a platter on Christmas Eve. The stuffing makes enough to fill at least 8 large peppers, and it could easily be doubled to feed a crowd. You can also easily eliminate the meat for a vegetarian option!
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
- 8 large bell peppers red and green
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning or one packet
- 1 bag Minute® Multi-Grain Medley makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 can corn
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used pepper jack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off tops of peppers and clean out the seeds and ribs. Boil peppers for 5-7 minutes and then turn upside down onto a paper towel to drain.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- While the peppers are boiling, brown the ground beef. Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning, corn, tomatoes and cooked rice to the meat mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into the peppers and place in a 9x13 pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how soft you like your peppers. Pull out and add shredded cheese to the top of each pepper and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
This was the first time I ever cooked with Minute Multi-Grain Medley. It’s a blend of four gluten-free, 100% whole grains, all non-GMO, including long grain brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa. It cooks in 10 minutes, has a nutty flavor, and comes in conveniently packaged pre-portioned bags. It added a great layer of flavor to these stuffed peppers!
If you like these Southwestern Stuffed Peppers, check out these other easy comfort food recipes!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- How to Cook a Turkey FAST: 90 minute turkey recipe - October 8, 2019
- Crockpot Express Pumpkin Pie Bites - October 1, 2019
- Fun Halloween Recipes for Kids - September 26, 2019