If you are looking for something SUPER quick and easy to throw together for a party or “just because,” candy bark is a great way to go. You can really just toss anything sweet, salty or crunchy into some chocolate and you’re good to go! This easy candy bark is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day when you use Lucky Charms and minty chocolate candies!I had a few bars of white chocolate leftover from my White Chocolate Raspberry Pie, so I decided to go with a white chocolate base. Because I was working with leftovers, my bark is a little “thin” but it tastes great. The recipe below is for a full batch. I used this recipe from Pillsbury as my inspiration. Whether you go with white, dark, or milk chocolate, this candy bark will have you licking your fingers!
Easy St. Patrick's Day Bark
- 1 lb white baking chocolate
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal or Marshmallow Mateys as they are called in our house 🙂
- 1/4 cup green and white chocolate candies- mint flavored
- 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles if desired (I only had pink and yellow, so I skipped the sprinkles)
- Line cookie sheet or shallow baking pan with cooking parchment paper
- In a bowl, microwave the chocolate at 50% power for 1 minute, then full power in 30 second increments, stirring well until melted and smooth
- Pour out melted chocolate onto the cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer with a spatula
- Immediately sprinkle with 1 cup cereal, 1/4 cup candies and 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles. Gently press cereal and candies into chocolate.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes to harden completely, then break into pieces to eat.
If you want to add something salty to the bark, try pretzels or nuts. I thought the cereal seemed like a strange idea at first, but the light, crunchy texture goes very well with the creamy white chocolate. Rice Krispie cereal would also be an easy way to add crunch to any candy bark. So, next time your child comes home with a note stuck in bottom of their backpack that says, “I volunteer to bring snacks to the party” there’s no need to panic. Just grab some chocolate and clean out the pantry! 🙂