This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Add a little patriotic flair to the table this summer with this Red, White and Blue Brownie Trifle. Fresh berries, sweet cream and brownies belong together!
I love eating fresh berries in the spring and summer-they are so sweet and fresh! The combination of blueberries, red strawberries and white sweet cream makes these mini brownie trifles perfect for summer events in the USA.
Layered desserts like trifles are so pretty on the table. You can make this Red, White and Blue Brownie Trifle in one large trifle bowl, or serve individual portions in jars. It’s a great way to show off those layers.
Ingredients needed for brownie trifles:
- brownie mix (with ingredients called for on the box like oil and eggs)
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries
- 10 half pint jars or one large trifle bowl
Any kind of cake will also make a great trifle. Classic Pound Cake is dense and holds up well to the moisture in the fruits and whipped cream. But I’ve salvaged many a ruined Bundt cake by turning it into a trifle instead!
Steps to creating a delicious brownie trifle
Start by baking and cooling your favorite brownie recipe. If you want over-the-top decadence, you could try Oreo Marshmallow Brownies instead of plain chocolate brownies.
While the brownies are baking and cooling, make fresh whipped cream using heavy whipping cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to get it whipped and airy.
Place the whipped cream into a piping bag so it’s easy to layer in jars (if you’re using them instead of a large trifle bowl. Wash and trim the strawberries and wash the blueberries.
Layer brownie pieces, berries and whipped cream and then top with additional cream and garnish with berries. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Other delicious trifle recipes
Serve up these Red, White and Blue Brownie Trifles for Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day or any summer day you’re feeling extra patriotic. 🙂
Red, White and Blue Brownie Trifles
- 1 brownie mix with ingredients needed to make brownies listed on box
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries destemmed, and sliced
- 1 brownie mix with ingredients needed to make browniesPrepare brownie mix according to package instructions
- When brownies have cooled, slice or crumble and remove from pan
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, ¼ cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanillaBeat heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup strawberriesGather your jars or glasses, and layer a spoonful of brownie, dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkle each of blueberries and strawberries until jar is full, ending with whipped cream
- Keep cold until ready to serve.