This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Putting the name aside, Pumpkin Dump Cake is a delicious twist on pumpkin pie and is an easy fall dessert! It’s a cake on top of a pumpkin pie without the hassle of a pie crust!
I wrote this post WAY back when on Day 88 of 365. Since then, I’ve made it a few times, and this year I took some new pictures so I could update the recipe a little bit. Since I’m not the biggest fan of pumpkin pie, I love this easy fall dessert. Even if it is called Pumpkin Dump Cake. 🙂
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 10 oz can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15.25 oz box yellow cake mix (just the dry mix)
- 1 cup butter melted (2 sticks)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree, 1 10 oz can evaporated milk, 3 eggs, 1 cup brown sugar, 3 tsp pumpkin pie spiceMix the pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl with a whisk.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- 1 15.25 oz box yellow cake mixSprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the top.
- 1 cup butterPour melted butter over the cake mix.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes, until center is set and a toothpick come out clean.
- 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tbsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla extractMix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl with a whisk until smooth. Pour over the top of the cake while it's still warm. Let it cool and harden to a sweet crackled glaze on the top.