This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Can’t get to the coffee house for your PSL? Or maybe you’re tired of artificial pumpkin spice? Make your own homemade pumpkin spice sauce for delicious fall lattes at home.
It’s that time of the year again – pumpkin spice latte season! But here’s the deal: $6 is a lot to spend if you want to indulge all season!
Perhaps you’re independently wealthy and $6 a day isn’t a big deal to you. 🙂 Maybe you’re more concerned about all the sugar and mystery ingredients in store bought syrups.
Or you might just be curious and want to try this homemade pumpkin spice sauce. Whatever the reason, this recipe for pumpkin spice syrup is quick and easy. So, grab your comfiest sweater get ready to sip and savor the season.
Ingredients needed for Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- sweetened condensed milk– don’t get this mixed up with evaporated milk-you need the thick, sweet stuff 🙂
- pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)-you can buy it canned or make your own pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice– buy the premixed spice or mix your own jar of pumpkin pie spice for the season
- vanilla extract– splurge on the good stuff and don’t use imitation vanilla
Start by adding the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, water and spices to a small saucepan. Gently warm over low heat, stirring often.
Once the mixture is smooth and well blended, remove from heat. Then add the vanilla and salt, stirring once more to blend. Do not add the vanilla in the first step, as it will cook away.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Use this delicious pumpkin spice sauce any way you choose! Personally, I think it would be delicious blended with ice cream to make a pumpkin spice milkshake.
To create your own PSL at home, add 2 tablespoons to your coffee or tea. Taste and adjust as needed. This recipe yields 16 ounces of pumpkin spice sauce, which is 32 tablespoons.
If you really really REALLY love pumpkin spice lattes, you might want to double the recipe and make two jars. However, since this is a 5 minute recipe with 5 ingredients (plus water) it’s easy to make it as needed.
Now get cozy and enjoy the season!
Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, ½ cup pumpkin puree, ¼ cup water, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spiceIn a small sauce pan, gently warm the first 4 ingredients over low heat, stirring often. Once smooth and well-blended (about 5 minutes) remove from heat.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, Pinch of saltAdd the vanilla and salt, stirring once more.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. To use, add 2 Tbsp to coffee or tea to create your own PSL at home!