The combination of salty and sweet with just a touch of spicy cinnamon makes this Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix perfect for fall!
Last fall my husband and I went on a road trip to Arizona for a blogging conference. I wanted to make a snack mix to bring along with us. I had looked at the store for some packaged mixes, but nothing had exactly what I wanted. So I figured I’d just make my own! Since it was fall, I decided to go with Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix.
Now, don’t let the presence of candy corn turn you away. I’m not a huge fan of candy corn, but with this combination of flavors, it just works. Trust me. Try it, and then if you hate it, feel free to send it to me. 😉
Grab a big bowl and fill it up for Halloween parties, Harvest Festivals, Thanksgiving or any other excuse you’ve got to party this fall. It’s easy to double the batch- just bake on two cookie sheets.
The M&M’s aren’t a requirement and they can get a little pricey, but they do add a delicious layer of butterscotch flavor. But feel free to switch them out for something else if you’re trying to keep the price down for a larger batch. Happy Fall!
- 4 cups honey nut Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 6 oz bag Caramel Bugles
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz bag Boo-terscotch M&M's
- 1 cup harvest candy mix candy corn/pumpkins
- 1/2 cup Reese's pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cereal, pretzels and Bugles
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and then pour over the dry mix. Stir to coat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat, spread out the mixture into an even layer
- Bake at 275 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. (Your house will smell AMAZING)
- Spread on wax paper to cool and then toss with the candy pieces.
- Store in an airtight container and eat by the hearty handful
Check out these other yummy fall treats!
This Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix originally appeared on Princess Pinky Girl.