Perfect for busy fall evenings, Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole is packed with vegetables and comes together in minutes. It’s the perfect comfort food!
It’s finally cooling down and acting like fall around here, so I’ve been scouring my Pinterest boards for yummy comfort food. One of the most common kinds of comfort food is casserole. It’s easy, filling and you can combine a whole variety of flavors in one dish! This Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole is quick to put together so it’s perfect for busy fall evenings. This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
The star of the recipe is No Yolks. It’s a healthy egg noodle alternative, made from egg whites and no cholesterol, and low in fat and sodium. They always cook up smooth, firm and fluffy and stay that way in your favorite recipes-which makes them perfect for casseroles. No mushy noodles, even when you reheat them later! No Yolks come in a variety of cuts for all types of recipes including Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski, Dumplings, and now Stir-Fry. They are so versatile! Try them in recipes like:
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Soups like Miso or French Onion
- Pizza Noodles (a kid favorite)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Noodles and pesto (kale and walnut pesto is a healthy option)
- Buttery Noodles (these are a favorite side dish of mine)
- Cheesy Noodles (try adding Sriracha for a spicy kick!)
- Peanut noodles (perfect for Thai dishes!)
- Kugel (yes, you can even have dessert with noodles) 🙂
- Check out No Yolks on Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
This recipe for Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole actually came out of an old cookbook I picked up at a garage sale. I added a few tweaks of my own, like the crunchy topping. It’s nostalgic comfort food perfect for the whole family!
- 1 pkg No Yolks Broad Noodles
- 2 cups seasoned, cooked chicken I used diced chicken breast, but shredded rotisserie chicken is great, too!
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen peas and carrots
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
Boil the No Yolks noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all the other ingredients except the panko crumbs and butter. Add the cooked noodles to the mixture and gently stir.
Place in the 9x13 pan and then sprinkle the crumbs over the top. Pour the melted butter over the top of the crumbs.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until warmed through and bubbly. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from the Home in the Heartland cookbook. Similar recipe found on Life in the Lofthouse.
No Yolks is giving away five $100 gift cards from October 3-November 15, 2017. You can enter below! I-C will randomly select 5 winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes. In the meantime, grab a coupon for .50 off here!
Looking for more classic comfort food? Try Ham and Beans!