This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Only five ingredients go into this delicious Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake. Bring it to the next potluck or holiday dinner-just don’t forget the ice cream!
That’s right. You read the title correctly. CROCKPOT Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake. You only need five ingredients and a slow cooker to make this dessert happen! Pumpkin dump cake was one of the very first things I tried when I discovered Pinterest.
I don’t know how I grew up in a Baptist church with regular potlucks and never heard of dump cakes! They are so easy to make and they taste delicious! I put these ingredients together the other night for dessert and it. was. awesome. Really.
Dump cakes get their name from their “preparation.” You literally just dump out a can of pie filling and a box of yellow cake into a pan and you’re just about set.
Ingredients needed for Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- apple pie filling-you can make your own delicious Crockpot Express Apple Pie Filling or just grab a can from the store
- yellow cake mix-spice cake mix is a yummy alternative
- walnuts-nuts of any kind are optional but they add some needed texture; pecans are a great option, too
- cinnamon chips-you can usually find these in the baking aisle at the grocery store with all the other baking chips, or get them on Amazon
- ice cream for topping
How to make Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake
Spread apple pie filling evenly on the bottom of a slow cooker.
Cover the filling with cake mix and butter.
Add cinnamon chips and walnuts.
Cook and then serve warm with ice cream!
One thing I didn’t really like about the pumpkin dump cake was the lack of texture, especially in the middle where the you don’t get any crispy edges.
So for this Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake, I tossed in some walnuts for that extra crunch. That simple addition took this dessert right over the top!
It was a little taste of Fall on a plate. (Even though I could barely stand to be outside taking pictures because it was 108°) A girl can dream.
If you are a big fan of easy apple desserts, you should try my mom’s Easy Apple Cobbler. That IS something I grew up eating at potlucks and doesn’t require a bunch of ingredients or a lot of time to put together. So what gets your vote this Fall: apple or pumpkin?
Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- 1 can 20 oz apple pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix mix only, do NOT add any other ingredients
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Ice cream optional
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- 1 canPour out the can of apple pie filling and spread evenly across the bottom
- 1 box yellow cake mixCover pie filling with cake mix
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, meltedPour melted butter over cake mix (Do NOT stir!)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips, 1/2 cup walnutsSprinkle with cinnamon chips and walnuts
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Ice creamServe warm with ice cream!
I have a few more desserts and other meals pinned that are made in the crockpot. I am looking forward to trying them as the weather cools down a bit. I got the inspiration for this dessert from The Magical Slow Cooker’s White Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake.
Post updated 9/18