Only five ingredients go into this delicious Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake. Bring it to the next potluck or holiday dinner-just don’t forget the ice cream!
That’s right. You read the title correctly. CROCKPOT Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake. You only need five ingredients and a slow cooker to make this dessert happen! Pumpkin dump cake was one of the very first things I tried when I discovered Pinterest.
I don’t know how I grew up in a Baptist church with regular potlucks and never heard of dump cakes! They are so easy to make and they taste delicious! I put these ingredients together the other night for dessert and it. was. awesome. Really.
Dump cakes get their name from their “preparation.” You literally just dump out a can of pie filling and a box of yellow cake into a pan and you’re just about set.
Spread apple pie filling evenly on the bottom of a slow cooker.
Cover the filling with cake mix and butter.
Add cinnamon chips and walnuts.
Cook and then serve warm with ice cream!
One thing I didn’t really like about the pumpkin dump cake was the lack of texture, especially in the middle where the you don’t get any crispy edges. So for this cake, I tossed in some walnuts for that extra crunch. That simple addition took this dessert right over the top!
It was a little taste of Fall on a plate. (Even though I could barely stand to be outside taking pictures because it was 108°) A girl can dream.
Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- 1 can 20 oz apple pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix mix only, do NOT add any other ingredients
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Ice cream optional
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Pour out the can of apple pie filling and spread evenly across the bottom
- Cover pie filling with cake mix
- Pour melted butter over cake mix (Do NOT stir!)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon chips and walnuts
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream!
I have a few more desserts and other meals pinned that are made in the crockpot. (Insert shameless plug to follow my Crockpot board on Pinterest here.) I am looking forward to trying them as the weather cools down a bit. I got the inspiration for this dessert from The Magical Slow Cooker’s White Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake.
If you are a big fan of easy apple desserts, you should try my mom’s Easy Apple Cobbler. That IS something I grew up eating at potlucks and doesn’t require a bunch of ingredients or a lot of time to put together. So what gets your vote this Fall: apple or pumpkin?
Post updated 9/18
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020
- The Best of 2019: Reader Favorites - December 28, 2019