This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Grilled pineapple teriyaki chicken can be made with just a few pantry staples. It’s quick, delicious and perfect for outdoor dining!
Ah, southern California living-it’s not summer anymore, but it’s still HOT. It’s the kind of heat that makes you step into the kitchen and then turn right around again. Nope. I’m not going to run the oven. No way. But I will use the grill, which keeps the heat outside and means fewer dishes to clean up later! Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken is so flavorful and cooks quickly on the grill. It’s the perfect summer dinner.
The marinade for the chicken is packed with flavor and uses the juice from canned or fresh pineapple. Then you toss the pineapple on the grill to get caramelized and covered in those beautiful grill marks.
Even my picky boys gobbled up this whole meal. Normally, I create my own recipes to share, but this recipe came from a new source: DORI.
All you have to do is open your camera, point it at the code, and up pops DORI™ with helpful recipes and savings. I scrolled through the recipes until I found one that looked simple and full of flavor: Pineapple-Teriyaki Chicken.
Start with fresh boneless and skinless thigh fillets. You can also do this with boneless, skinless chicken breast but dark meat is much better at staying moist and tender. Plus, it’s my personal favorite. 😉
Give it a nice bath in a juicy marinade. Do not leave the chicken in the marinade longer than 30 minutes, or the acids will break down the proteins in the chicken and leave it with a weird mushy texture.
Then hit the grill to get that flavor you can only get over an open flame! Boneless fillets do not take very long to cook at all, so pineapple teriyaki chicken is a quick meal, even with the marinating time.
Sauce it up and serve it with rice and snow peas for a family-friendly dinner that’s ready fast! (Yes, you can use the marinade as your sauce, but you must cook it first!)
If you’re looking for more yummy grilling ideas, check out this easy grilled shrimp scampi! It’s another quick recipe.
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple rings plus juice from the can
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs about 1 ½ pounds, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar and the pineapple juice in a large bowl. Add pineapple rings and chicken and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken and pineapple from the marinade and pat dry; reserve the marinade. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken and pineapple until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple is marked, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk the reserved marinade and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until reduced and thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve the chicken and pineapple drizzled with the sauce.
This post was originally sponsored by Foster Farms