Grilled pineapple teriyaki chicken can be made with just a few pantry staples. It’s quick, delicious and perfect for the grill!
Thanks to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post.
Ah, southern California living-it’s not summer anymore, but it’s still HOT. It’s the kind of heat that makes you step into the kitchen and then turn right around again. Nope. I’m not going to run the oven. No way. But I will use the grill, which keeps the heat outside and means fewer dishes to clean up later! Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken is so flavorful and cooks quickly on the grill. It’s the perfect summer dinner.
The marinade for the chicken is packed with flavor and uses the juice from canned or fresh pineapple. Then you toss the pineapple on the grill to get caramelized and covered in those beautiful grill marks. Even my picky boys gobbled up this whole meal. Normally, I create my own recipes to share, but this recipe came from a new source:
Foster Farms just made shopping for chicken a lot easier – and more fun – with DORI™ a new interactive, on-package QR code on all packages of Foster Farms fresh chicken. Scan the new DORI™ QR code for exclusive coupons, hundreds of original recipes using Foster Farms chicken, a map of Foster Farms’ local California and Pacific Northwest chicken ranches, savings, and more.
New iOS and Android updates make using QR codes so much easier than it used to be. All you have to do is open your camera, point it at the code, and up pops DORI™ with helpful recipes and savings. I scrolled through the recipes until I found one that looked simple and full of flavor: Pineapple-Teriyaki Chicken.
Start with fresh Foster Farms No Antibiotics Simply Raised boneless and skinless thigh fillets.
Give it a nice bath in a juicy marinade.
Then hit the grill to get that flavor you can only get over an open flame!
Sauce it up and serve it with rice and snow peas for a family-friendly dinner that’s ready fast!
- ⅓ cup dry sherry (I left this out and just used all the pineapple juice instead)
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple rings plus ⅓ cup juice from the can
- 4 large Foster Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Fillets about 1 ½ pounds, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar and the ⅓ cup pineapple juice in a large bowl. Add pineapple rings and chicken and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken and pineapple from the marinade and pat dry; reserve the marinade. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken and pineapple until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple is marked, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk the reserved marinade and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until reduced and thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve the chicken and pineapple drizzled with the sauce.
SAFE COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Cook to a safe internal temperature of at least 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken or turkey to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a guide only.
Another non-alcoholic option for replacing dry sherry is unfiltered apple cider
The next time you’re in the grocery store, be sure to try the DORI™ QR code out for yourself! There are so many great recipes, coupons and more there! For now, click here to learn more about Foster Farms Chicken with the DORI™ label. Happy grilling!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.