Chicken Fiesta Soup is easy to make and full of delicious flavors! It’s a family favorite that can be made in the slow cooker or the pressure cooker.
We just had our annual Fall Festival complete with chili lunch at our church on Sunday. The last several years it has been a chili cook-off so I had to adhere to strict parameters to participate. This year, because we had so much going on, it was just a chili and pie lunch- no contest to win. So I stretched the meaning of “chili” a little bit and made my favorite Chicken Fiesta Soup instead. It’s always a hit when I make it and my husband already begged me to make more so we don’t have to share it. 🙂 I figured since this was WAY back on Day 24 of my first 365 days, it would be good to share this again.
Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel (tomatoes and peppers)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- OR use 1 packet taco seasoning in place of spices
- Put all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on Low for 4-6 hours or High for 2-3. Shred chicken and stir before serving. Yup, that's it. Serve with warm tortillas and chips.
For Crockpot Express/Pressure Cooker
- Put all the ingredients in the cooking pot and set for 15 minutes on high. You do not need to add extra liquid. (Use the Beans/Chili button and adjust the time on the Crockpot Express.) Do a natural pressure release for 10-15 minutes, until the lid releases.
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - January 24, 2020
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020