This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Chicken Fiesta Soup is easy to make and full of delicious flavors! It’s a family favorite that can be made in the slow cooker or the pressure cooker.
We just had our annual Fall Festival complete with chili lunch at our church on Sunday. The last several years it has been a chili cook-off so I had to adhere to strict parameters to participate.
This year, because we had so much going on, it was just a chili and pie lunch- no contest to win. So I stretched the meaning of “chili” a little bit and made my favorite Chicken Fiesta Soup instead.
It’s always a hit when I make it and my husband already begged me to make more so we don’t have to share it. 🙂 I figured since this was WAY back on Day 24 of my first 365 days, it would be good to share this again.
Ding Ding Ding!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! I call this Chicken Fiesta Soup because every time I eat it, there’s a party in my mouth!
Seriously, it is a perfect Sunday meal- I love my slow cooker! Originally, I saw this recipe as a photo on Facebook. There were no other details aside from the ingredients. Who knows where it came from originally, but our family loves it.
I’ve also updated it to include instructions for making this much more quickly in a pressure cooker like the Crockpot Express or Instant Pot!
Ingredients needed for Chicken Fiesta Soup
- chicken breast
- Rotel (canned tomatoes and green chilis)
- canned black beans
- canned or frozen corn
- cream cheese
- taco seasoning
Can you believe it? So easy! And it was AMAZING. I dumped everything in the crock pot before I left for church, and when we got home, the house smelled so good!
Then I just used two forks to shred the chicken and break up the cream cheese (it was still in a few big pieces, but super soft).
I would hardly call this soup. It was so hearty, I used a slotted spoon to drain it a bit and put it in a tortilla for the boys.
Eat it the first day as soup, then make burritos with the leftovers and finally finish it off as topping for nachos! Fiesta Chicken is the best!
Other slow cooker chicken recipes you might like:
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken
- Slow Cooker Peach BBQ Chicken
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Sandwiches (freezer meal!)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken (no seasoning packets)
Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel (tomatoes and peppers)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- OR use 1 packet taco seasoning in place of spices
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, 1 can (10 oz) Rotel (tomatoes and peppers), 1 can (15 oz) black beans, 1 can (15 oz) corn, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp onion powderPut all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on Low for 4-6 hours or High for 2-3. Shred chicken and stir before serving. Yup, that's it. Serve with warm tortillas and chips.
For Crockpot Express/Pressure Cooker
- Put all the ingredients in the cooking pot and set for 15 minutes on high. You do not need to add extra liquid-just don't drain the corn and tomatoes-add them with the packing liquids.(Use the Beans/Chili button and adjust the time on the Crockpot Express.) Do a natural pressure release for 10-15 minutes, until the lid releases.