This S’mores Eclair Cake is an easy no bake dessert. It tastes just like an eclair or a Boston cream donut. Make it ahead for an easy potluck dessert!
Long before the invention of Pinterest, this Eclair Cake recipe was my “go to” dessert recipe for parties and family gatherings. I got my recipe from a little church cookbook. It’s one of those easy recipes that has stood the test of time because it’s so easy and SO good. And now I’m passing it along to you with a little tweak to make it S’mores Eclair Cake.
Technically, Eclair Cake isn’t a cake, since it’s a no bake dessert, but it tastes just like an eclair or a Boston cream doughnut. It’s what is called an icebox cake, because after you make it, you let it sit in the fridge all night.
The crackers get soft and the flavors all meld together in the most delicious way. This S’mores Eclair Cake has the classic s’mores flavors: chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers (with some creamy vanilla for good measure.)
This S’mores Eclair Cake is an easy no bake dessert. It tastes just like an eclair or a Boston cream donut.
- 1 box graham crackers
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tub (7 oz.) marshmallow cream
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- Optional: mini marshmallows for topping
- Line the bottom of a 9x13" pan with whole graham crackers
- In a large bowl, mix the pudding mix and milk until smooth, but not set. Add the marshmallow creme and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture over the layer of graham crackers and spread evenly. Top with another layer of graham crackers and then add the rest of the pudding mixture.
- After removing the foil cover from the frosting, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds to get it soft and easy to pour. Stir smooth and then pour evenly over the top layer of cream.
Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (overnight is best) to soften. Cut into squares and serve with milk- it's rich! Keep refrigerated.
Optional: add mini marshmallows to the top and toast with a kitchen torch if you have one!
If you’ve followed me for any length of time, you probably already know that I have a love affair with all things s’mores. If you like this S’mores Eclair Cake, check out these other awesome s’mores recipes from Simple and Seasonal!
This S’mores Eclair Cake! originally appeared on Princess Pinky Girl