This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Stuffed with marshmallows and mini chocolate chips, Grilled Banana S’mores are a perfect outdoor dessert! Whether camping or cooking out, they’ll round out your outdoor menu perfectly.
These are certainly nothing new or original, but they ARE all over Pinterest, especially as grilling season is upon us, so I felt like I should try them. Plus, if you are watching what you eat, Grilled Banana S’mores won’t totally ruin your diet.
At the very least it helps curb a sweet tooth! (I always want a big batch of chocolate chip cookies, but they are a little more calorie-heavy than banana s’mores.
My kids devoured the toppings, but were less enthusiastic about the banana. My husband’s response was “meh.” He has a hard time with warm banana. I, on the other hand, love anything with marshmallow and chocolate. S’mores are second only to chocolate chip cookies in my world.
Other S’mores recipes I love:
The trick to Banana S’mores is to make sure you have banana AND toppings with each bite. I kept a plate with more toppings nearby and we sprinkled more goodies as needed. A smear of peanut butter is also awesome with these!
Grilled Banana S’mores are a fun way to eat dessert off the grill and a great option when you are counting calories!
Grilled Banana S'mores
- 1 banana
- 12 mini marshmallows
- 1/8 cup mini chocolate chips
- peanut butter optional
- granola optional
- toffee bits optional
- Cut a slit in the banana, lengthwise, but not all the way through to the bottom
- Spread open and stuff with marshmallows and chocolate chips
- Place on a sheet of tin foil and loosely fold over the ends and top (leave lots of head room so you don't get melted marshmallow all over the top of your tin foil
- Grill over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until the marshmallows are fluffy and the chips are softened and melty
- Top with whatever crunchy topping you like- toffee, granola, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, etc.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!