A little twist on the classic appetizer, these Mummy Jalapeño Poppers are a fun Halloween snack! The buttery, flaky crust wrapped around a creamy filling goes perfectly with the spicy jalapeño.
A couple years ago I went through a jalapeño popper stage. I craved them like crazy! Jalapeño Popper Chicken is still one of the yummiest recipes I’ve ever tried from my Pinterest boards! This year I thought I’d resurrect (ha! see what I did there?) one my favorite snacks with an easy version for Halloween: Mummy Jalapeño Poppers!
Easy Mummy Jalapeño Poppers
- 8 fairly large jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 scallion
- olives very finely diced
- 1 can crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- PUT ON GLOVES BEFORE PROCEEDING! Wash and slice your jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise (leaving the stems attached) and scoop out the inside.
- Finely mince the shallot. Mix all but 1/2 oz. of the cream cheese, scallion pieces, garlic, pepper and salt to your shredded cheese. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves and place on the lined baking tray.
- Unroll the crescent dough and break up into the triangular sections. Slice each one in half to make two long pieces. Stretch a section of dough around a filled jalapeno half starting at one end and wrapping it around and finishing up at the other end. If there is extra, wrap it around the opposite way.
- Return to the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly before adding the eyes.
- Place the remaining 1/2 oz. of cream cheese in the corner of a small sealable bag, and cut a very small hole in the tip of the corner. Pipe two eyes onto each jalapeno popper. Mince a black olive and place a piece on each cream cheese eye for the pupils.
Just look at the creamy filling! I could eat the whole pan all by myself, I think. 🙂 For the best flavor and texture, serve these warm and fresh from the oven. If you’re a fan of jalapeño poppers, be sure to check out my Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese recipe. It will be the most awesome sandwich you’ve ever had. Seriously.
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020
- The Best of 2019: Reader Favorites - December 28, 2019