This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
A little twist on the classic appetizer, these Mummy Jalapeño Poppers are a fun Halloween snack! The buttery, flaky crust wrapped around a creamy filling goes perfectly with the spicy jalapeño.
A couple years ago I went through a jalapeño popper stage. I craved them like crazy! Jalapeño Popper Chicken is still one of the yummiest recipes I’ve ever tried from my Pinterest boards! This year I thought I’d resurrect (ha! see what I did there?) one my favorite snacks with an easy version for Halloween: Mummy Jalapeño Poppers!
Easy Mummy Jalapeño Poppers
- 8 fairly large jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 scallion
- olives very finely diced
- 1 can crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- PUT ON GLOVES BEFORE PROCEEDING! Wash and slice your jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise (leaving the stems attached) and scoop out the inside.
- Finely mince the shallot. Mix all but 1/2 oz. of the cream cheese, scallion pieces, garlic, pepper and salt to your shredded cheese. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves and place on the lined baking tray.
- Unroll the crescent dough and break up into the triangular sections. Slice each one in half to make two long pieces. Stretch a section of dough around a filled jalapeno half starting at one end and wrapping it around and finishing up at the other end. If there is extra, wrap it around the opposite way.
- Return to the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly before adding the eyes.
- Place the remaining 1/2 oz. of cream cheese in the corner of a small sealable bag, and cut a very small hole in the tip of the corner. Pipe two eyes onto each jalapeno popper. Mince a black olive and place a piece on each cream cheese eye for the pupils.
Just look at the creamy filling! I could eat the whole pan all by myself, I think. 🙂 For the best flavor and texture, serve these warm and fresh from the oven. If you’re a fan of jalapeño poppers, be sure to check out my Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese recipe. It will be the most awesome sandwich you’ve ever had. Seriously.