This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Add a touch of fun to your Thanksgiving Day table with these Turkey Pudding Cups! They are easy enough for kids to get involved in the holiday fun.
Last weekend I made Chocolate Covered Pretzel Bones for Halloween and Turkey Leg Treats for Thanksgiving. While I was shopping for the supplies for those two recipes, I had an idea pop into my head for a fun Thanksgiving snack. I already had the pretzel rods for the bones and I still had some leftover orange candy melts in the pantry, so I decided I would create these adorable Turkey Pudding Cups!
The only work in this “recipe” is to dip the pretzel rods and decorate them with candy! The rest is simple assembly. I even found a free printable turkey face that fits perfectly on a pudding cup. You could easily make a couple dozen of these in minutes. I think they would be a fun activity for kids to do while the kitchen is bustling with preparations for Thanksgiving dinner.
Turkey Pudding Cups
What you’ll need:
- pretzel rods (be sure to get rods, not sticks)
- orange candy melts
- disposable dipping tube (this isn’t necessary but it makes dipping WAY easier!)
- fall colored candy and sprinkles
- snack sized pudding cups
- printable turkey face <—- click to find the free template on Paging Super Mom
- glue (Elmer’s school glue works just fine)
What to do:
- Melt the candy according to the package directions. (Use the disposable container to melt and dip or melt in a bowl and then transfer to something tall and narrow.)
- Break the pretzel rods in half and dip the smooth end into the candy.
- Place on wax paper and decorate with candy and sprinkles immediately.
- If desired, drizzle with more melted chocolate and let set completely.
- Meanwhile, print out the turkey faces (or create your own for extra crafty fun!) and glue on the front of a pudding cup.
- Place 3 decorated pretzel rods into each pudding cup. Ta da! Turkeys!
Don’t forget to check out these Turkey Leg Treats! They are another fun snack for everyone on Thanksgiving Day!
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Leave a Reply