This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Other Jalapeno Popper Recipes you’ll love
- Jalapeno Popper Mummies
- Crack Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- Other Sweet and Spicy recipes
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices sourdough bread divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, mascarpone or Neufchatel softened
- 2 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper blackened
- 1 tablespoon fruit preserves apricot or Concord grape
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jalapeno pepperSet the oven to broil and cook the jalapeno until the skin blackens and blisters. Remove the jalapeno from the oven and transfer immediately into a plastic bag or other sealed container. Seal and let steam until cool enough to handle, about 10-20 minutes. Remove blackened skin. If you are not a fan of heat, slice open the pepper and remove the seeds and ribs.
- 2 slices sourdough bread, 2 slices cooked bacon, 1 jalapeno pepper, 2 ounces cream cheese, mascarpone or NeufchatelSpread one of the slices of bread with the cheese. Top with roasted jalapeno peppers, then bacon.
- 2 slices sourdough bread, 1 tablespoon fruit preserves, 1 tablespoon butterSpread the other piece of bread with the preserves, and put on top of the other piece. Butter each side of the sandwich, and toast in saucepan over medium heat until bread is toasted, about 4-5 minutes per side.