2 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone, softened
1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- Set the oven to broil and cook the jalapenos until skins blacken and blister. Remove jalapenos from the oven and transfer immediately into a plastic bag or other sealed container. Seal and let steam until cool enough to handle, about 10-20 minutes. Remove blackened skins. If you are not a fan of heat, slice open the peppers and remove the seeds and ribs.
- Spread one of the slices of bread with the cream cheese. Top with roasted jalapeno peppers, then bacon.
- Spread the other piece of bread with the apricot preserves, and put on top of the other piece. Butter each side of the sandwich, and toast in saucepan over medium heat until bread is toasted, about 4-5 minutes per side.
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020
- The Best of 2019: Reader Favorites - December 28, 2019