This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Take banana bread up a level with these Cheesecake STUFFED Banana Bread Muffins! They are a great grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings.
Banana bread is something I make year round. I try to choose bananas carefully and never buy too many at a time, but at least once a month I’ve got some freckled bananas staring back at me from the fruit bowl. This time around, I opted for some Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread Muffins!
Seriously, you can’t go wrong with cheesecake stuffed anything. Adding it to muffins just makes for a pleasant and creamy surprise! I made Crockpot Express Banana Bread Bites a few weeks ago, and now I want to try them again but stuff them with cheesecake, too!
Start with some really ripe bananas. The softer and more overripe they are, the better! That just punches up the delicious banana flavor.
Stir in all the wet ingredients. Don’t skip the buttermilk! It adds some depth of flavor with the tang it brings to baked goods.
Sift the dry ingredients together and then add them to the wet.
Fill your muffin tins with liners and add the batter to each cup, filling just 1/4 of the way full.
Place a dollop of the cheesecake mixture in the center of each muffin. Yum! Cover that up with more batter and bake.
Bake them up and eat them up! You’re going to love Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread Muffins (even if the name is a bit of a mouthful.) 😉
Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread Muffins
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- crushed nuts optional
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 tbsp beaten egg
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Add your bananas, eggs, sugar, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with a hand mixer on low until smooth.
- Add in buttermilk, butter, and vegetable oil. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Mix together your wet and dry ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and fill each one 1/4 of the way with batter.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Add about one heaping teaspoon of filling to the center of each muffin tin, as shown.
- Add more batter on top of filling until liner is 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle the top of your batter with crushed nuts. I used pecans.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until baked through.
Muffins are a great grab-and-go breakfast on busy mornings. The addition of cheesecake makes these great for dessert, too! You can also freeze them for later! I like to pull one from the freezer and let it thaw while I get ready. You can also warm them up in the microwave on 50% power if you don’t want to wait. 😉
Looking for more ways to use up a few bananas? Try one of these recipes! All three recipes are perfect for summer desserts.