Pudding, bananas and wafer cookies create delicious layers of creamy goodness in these simple Banana Pudding Bars
My sister-in-law made these creamy Banana Pudding Bars for dessert for Easter one year and they were fantastic! My husband is a raving fan of banana pudding, so I knew he would like them. It’s the perfect dessert for the warmer months when you want something light after dinner. This is a much easier way to serve banana pudding to a crowd. Simply chill and cut into bars for serving!
Start with vanilla wafer cookies and butter to create the crust. (PLEASE NOTE: photos show an 8×8 pan, but the recipe is written for a full sized 13×9 baking pan.)
Top with a layer of freshly sliced bananas.
Slather on that rich pudding layer. Yummy!
Top with whipped topping and crumbled vanilla wafer cookies. You can even add some more sliced bananas right before serving if you want. Just don’t add them too early or they will get brown and gross looking. 🙂
Banana Pudding Bars
- 60 vanilla wafers finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 bananas sliced
- 2 3.4 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 1/2 cups whipped topping divided
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter in 13x9-inch baking dish; press onto bottom of dish. Bake 8 min. Cool 10 min.
- Top with bananas.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk. Spread 2 cups pudding over bananas.
- Stir 1 cup whipped topping into remaining pudding and spread over pudding layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 3 hours and serve cold. Add additional crushed cookies and/or banana slices before serving.
Using the wafers for a crust instead of graham crackers makes a huge difference! It adds that sweet crunch to the bar and makes it taste just like a big bowl of banana pudding. I’m saving this recipe for future picnics and summer gatherings because it’s so easy and the oven is only on for a few minutes!
If you like Banana Pudding Bars, you’ll like my
Post updated 4/2019
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - January 24, 2020
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020