This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Swap out the mayo for healthier and tastier fats in these Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs. Every bite is bursting with flavor!
I saw something similar to these Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs floating around Facebook once. My first thought was, WEIRD. But I love avocado and and I like deviled eggs, so I decided to be brave and try them anyway.
I used my personal favorite recipe for deviled eggs and added the avocado and bacon to get these delicious “green eggs.”
These would be perfect for Dr. Seuss Day, by the way! Green Eggs and Ham are always making an appearance in March and this is a healthier way to do it than just using food coloring.
Add a slice of smoked Canadian bacon with your Bacon Avocado Deviled Egg for a perfect Dr. Seuss Day snack.
Ingredients needed for Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
- hard boiled eggs-my favorite way to cook them is by making Crockpot Express Hard Boiled Eggs. You can also try cooking eggs in the oven!
- egg yolks-you’ll actually only need half of the egg yolks, so set the others aside to use in egg salad or feed them to your dogs as a yummy snack 🙂
- ripe avocado-slice in half lengthwise, running the knife all the way around the pit. Twist to open and then pop out the pit. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- salsa-choose your favorite kind
- lime juice-this keeps the avocado from turning brown
- salt and pepper-to taste
- paprika-for garnish (because they aren’t deviled eggs without paprika)
- green onions-optional for garnish
- cooked bacon-use a couple slices of cooked bacon or grab some real bacon bits if you’re in a rush
Start by slicing the hard cooked eggs in a half and removing the yolks. Set aside half of the yolks for another time. Place the remaining half in a bowl and smash with a fork.
Slice a ripe avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop into the bowl with the eggs yolks. Smash with a fork until blended together with the egg yolks.
Add the salsa, lime juice, salt and pepper to the egg mixture. Mix again until blended. Spoon the mixture into the egg whites.
Top the filled eggs with green onion, paprika and pieces of bacon for garnish. Chill until ready to serve.
Besides just being delicious and easy to make, Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs are a satisfying low-carb snack!
Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 egg whites hard cooked
- 3 egg yolks smashed
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices cooked bacon broken into pieces
- paprika for garnish
- green onions sliced, for garnish
- 6 egg whitesAfter hard cooking the eggs, slice in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks. Set 3 aside to use for something else.
- 1 ripe avocadoPeel and pit the avocado (I usually halve them with a sharp knife, whack the pit with the knife to pull it out, and then use a spoon to scrape out the flesh.)
- 3 egg yolksMash the 3 egg yolks and the avocado together with a fork until well-blended.
- 1 Tbsp salsa, 1 tsp lime juice, salt and pepper to tasteAdd the salsa, lime juice, salt and pepper to the mixture. (DON’T skip the lime juice! It will keep the avocado from turning brown)
- 2 slices cooked bacon, paprika, green onionsSpoon into the empty egg white halves and top with bacon pieces, paprika and green onion.