Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday centered around food, family and a grateful heart. It has the tough job of going up against Christmas and sometimes gets a little lost in the fray. I’ve put together a collection of crafts, ideas for kids, snacks, side dishes, desserts and anything else that seemed to say “Thanksgiving” to me. Spoiler alert: you’re going to see a lot of cute turkeys. 🙂 Enjoy the season and remember to choose thankfulness.
Because this is my blog and I’m just a little bit selfish, I’m going to start off with one of my own posts. This was last year’s Thanksgiving tablescape and it was so beautiful! I absolutely loved the deep purple and gold! You can see more photos and links to recreate the look yourself by clicking right here, or on the photo above.
- Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispies Treat Turkey Pops
- Gumdrop Turkeys Thanksgiving Project
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Thankful Turkey Box Tutorial
- Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl-ing
These little gum stick turkeys are a really fun way to mark the kids’ places at Thanksgiving dinner! The kids love them because they get to have bubble gum when the meal is over.
- Thanksgiving Crafts for Seniors
- Thanksgiving Countdown Bunting Tutorial
- Cranberry fluff salad
- Honey Maple Roasted Carrots
- Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Here’s a fun project for the kids to work on while you’re getting dinner ready. Using colored pony beads, you can recreate the story of the first Thanksgiving. Click here for a free printable to use as a guide.
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes
- Indian Corn Thanksgiving Favors
- Paper plate turkey
- Cranberry Sauce
If you aren’t a huge fan of the cranberry gelatin in a can, this Cranberry Salsa is another way to work in the tart traditional side dish! When I first saw the recipe, I thought it was a strange pairing, but I was wrong. It works so well together and it adds such color to the table!
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- Turkey Rice Krispie Treats
- Turkey Thanksgiving Snack Bags
- Turkey Cupcakes
Finally, I leave you with an alternative to pumpkin pie (of which I am not a fan) that will make cake and pie lovers alike very happy. Pumpkin Dump Cake is incredibly easy to make and is fantastic when it’s hot out of the oven with a dollop of vanilla ice cream! Happy Thanksgiving!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- How to Cook a Turkey FAST: 90 minute turkey recipe - October 8, 2019
- Crockpot Express Pumpkin Pie Bites - October 1, 2019
- Fun Halloween Recipes for Kids - September 26, 2019