This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s no secret that around here, breakfast=cereal. It just does. We have breakfast foods on occasion, but usually for dinner. My husband has grown to accept this breakfast policy. On the mornings when he’s home for breakfast, he will often cook for the two of us. My favorite exception to my policy is the holidays. I always make something special for breakfast on Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have a late (and large) lunch planned for those days so I want to be sure to fill up the family with something delicious and satisfying like this Southwestern Breakfast Bake.
My husband opened the refrigerator the other day, saw 4 packages of Pillsbury Crescents®, 2 packages of Pillsbury Grands!® and another package of Sweet Rolls. He promptly started singing, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year…” and I have to agree with him. Something about Thanksgiving triggers my desire to bake.
I took one package of the Crescents® and just a few other ingredients and made this delicious Southwestern Breakfast Bake. It’s so easy and so buttery I think it might make it onto the menu more than just once or twice a year for holidays!
Southwestern Breakfast Bake
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Crescents®
- 1 lb mild pork breakfast sausage browned and drained
- 1 can mild Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 cups shredded asadero and cheddar cheese blend
- Sour cream salsa and cilantro for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350. Roll out the dough on the bottom of a greased 9"x13" pan, pinching the seams shut.
- Brown and drain the sausage and stir in the Ro-Tel. Let simmer for a few minutes. Pour in an even layer over the dough.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the meat.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Surprisingly, this also reheats very well! I had this for more than one meal, I’ll admit. 🙂 You’re going to be busy enough this Thanksgiving will all the preparations for the big meal. Make your life a little easier by having a breakfast bake like this ready to go. It will keep the starving hordes out of the kitchen and out of your way.
Until it’s time for appetizers. 😉
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine. #WarmTraditions
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023