Crockpot Express Pancake Bites are a quick, less messy way to enjoy pancakes any time of the day!
Why make Crockpot Express Pancake Bites instead of the traditional pancake? Well, for one thing, they’re made with pancake mix, which means a hot breakfast is ready in about 10 minutes. And since you’re cooking them in the CPE, you simply mix up the batter, plop it inside the pot and walk away. There’s no need to stand over the griddle turning pancakes every minute and a half!
Pancake bites taste great with syrup, but if you’re in a hurry or need to get something “to go” for those busy mornings, you can easily enjoy them as is. Adding fresh fruit to the batter helps with that since you get a burst of flavor inside.
You are going need one piece of special equipment for this recipe. A silicone egg bites mold is worth purchasing. I use mine for eggs bites, Crockpot Express Cheesecake Bites, and even brownie bites! I got this egg bites mold on Amazon for $9 and I love it! It comes with a lid for storage, too.
Another handy tool is the OXO silicone trivet with handles. It’s not necessary, but it makes pulling things out of the pot after they are done SOOOO much easier!
I popped two of the pancake bites into the freezer to see how they would be when reheated. I microwaved them for 1 minute (straight from frozen) and they were warmed through and ready to eat. They are just a tiny bit more chewy in texture when reheated, but my boys gobbled them right up. They love these things!
You can’t really call this a recipe, since it’s just mixing up pancake mix and plopping it into the mold. I guess it’s technically more of a “how to” post. But I’m still going to put it in a recipe card for you so it’s easy to print and save for later. Let me know what you think after you try them!
Crockpot Express Pancake Bites
- 1 cup pancake mix (I used Krusteaz Light and Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake)
- 2/3 cup cold water
- fresh fruit pieces sliced strawberries or blueberries work well
- Spray egg bites mold with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix and cold water.
- Pour batter into the prepared egg bites mold, filling halfway.
- Add fresh fruit to each cup.
- Pour remaining batter over the fruit in each cup.
- Add one cup of water to the inner pot of the CPE. Place the egg bites mold on the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid, turning the steam release valve to closed.
- Press Steam and adjust time to 5 minutes. Press Start/Stop.
- When time is up, do a quick release and carefully remove the mold from the pot. Let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Invert the mold and pop the bites out onto a plate. Top with powdered sugar, additional fruit and syrup!
Don’t forget to pin these Crockpot Express Pancake Bites for later!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - January 24, 2020
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020