Creamy, cold and refreshing, this Strawberry Creamsicle Pie is my favorite summertime treat in pie form!
This weekend, Jared’s parents came down to visit us and the other “SoCal Burkies” for Father’s Day. We had four straight days full of family, fun, and FOOD, including this yummy Strawberry Creamsicle Pie. I always eat so much on vacation! Or, in this case, someone else is on vacation and we just get to come along for a couple days. 🙂
We had a BBQ on Saturday night and my sister-in-law asked if I could bring a dessert. I had already made the Orange Creamsicle Pie that I’m sharing tomorrow over at Princess Pinky Girl and it was waiting in the freezer. But one pie was not going to be enough to feed thirteen people, so I figured I could grab another pie crust from the store and make a strawberry version!
The best thing about this recipe is that it can be served either refrigerated OR frozen. I made mine a couple days in advance, so I just filled the crusts with the pie mixture and then froze them without the topping. When I pulled them out to photograph them, I added the Cool Whip and fresh fruit. I had one slice (see the tester piece missing up there-that’s blogger life in a nutshell) 😉 and then covered the pies and put them back in the freezer. The next night when we served the pies, they were still great.
Strawberry Creamsicle Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 box 3.4 oz strawberry Jell-o
- 2/3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ice and water
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip divided
- 1 cup sliced strawberries divided
- In a bowl, mix the gelatin powder and boiling water, until the powder is dissolved.
- Fill up a 1 cup measuring cup with about 1/2 cup of ice and then fill the cup up to the 1 cup mark with water. Add to the hot water/jello mix and stir until the ice has melted.
- Fold in 2/3 of the Cool Whip into the Jello mixture and mix gently until smooth.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the strawberry slices into the mixture, mixing gently.
- Pour into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or freeze if you want to serve a frozen pie.
- When ready to serve, cover with the remaining Cool Whip and garnish with the remaining strawberries.
- Serve either refrigerated or frozen.
If you like this Strawberry Creamsicle Pie, you’ll probably like one of these strawberry desserts!